Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:07 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times

Advertisements

If you are on any kind of medication, check way down to the fda paper to see if it has an effect on hair. And check sites like ask a patient for personal feedback. Or better yet, just assume.

I don't know what its called but there is a treatment for hair that removes the layer of medication. I know Walmart does it and I'm sure its common. If you color your hair its reccomended to do this first.

The other thing is that meds interfere with vitamines. As one of them I take is known to thin hair and make it breakable I decided to try biotin. It is a form of B vitamine. Its best to take it as a suppliment. I could literally see a LINE where I started taking it. The hair before was thin and brittle and the hair after was much thicker and would not easily break.

It also promotes nail thickness and growth which can also be effected by meds.

My hair is continuing to come in thicker and thicker. As it has always been "baby fine" it doesn't make a lot of fluff, but its easily gotten to my shoulders after I cut off all the brittle hair and is still going.

Good luck and don't get annoyed that its teasing the shoulders and have patience. It will get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 06:04 PM

156 posts, read 558,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
First off, only wash your hair NO MORE than twice a week. It strips the natural oils and does damage.
i agree, but what about if you workout 2x a day? wont ur scalp start to stink if u dont wash it more often, and just let the sweat sit on your scalp?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:56 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDE View Post
i agree, but what about if you workout 2x a day? wont ur scalp start to stink if u dont wash it more often, and just let the sweat sit on your scalp?
Nope, mine doesn't.

I used to work out x6 week (MMA training) for a few hours each visit, and I never had a problem.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,712,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post
I have shoulder length hair at the moment and I've had it this way for quite some time now, so I'm beginning to miss my longer hair. My hair was at it's longest (down to my lower back) when I was a kid, and at any point since then when I've tried to grow it long again, the best I come to is a few inches below the shoulders before I get sick of it and chop it off again.

I can never seem to deal with the dead ends long enough, and it seems that if I keep trimming the dead ends my hair will never grow to any decent length.

Do you have any helpful tips, tricks, or hints for trying to grow long, beautiful hair all over again?

TIA!
I can help you with this one as my hair is at my waistline and I've had it chopped off once before to donate to Locks of Love. I recently had it chopped up to just below my shoulder as I'm almost 40 and feel I'm looking drab....anyways.

The key to obtaining long hair is something so hard and most people can't do it...whether out of habit or lack of desire to do what it takes. It's simply this: leave it alone. Stop with the blow drying. Stop with the curling iron/flat iron. Stop with the trimmings and cuts. Stop with the coloring. I do color my hair so maybe just don't lift color...as in highlight or anything.

You'll go through ugly phases where your hair will be a mop. But be creative with scarves/hairpins, etc. And when long enough, let the bun become your best friend. Avoid all rubber bands as they will cause hair to break.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:51 AM

70 posts, read 183,412 times
Get your hair regularly oil....n use organic products for your hair...

Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 PM

532 posts, read 1,176,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDE View Post
You can try dry powder shampoo. Sally's carries some.

One the in between wash days, I use bentonite powder to absorb excess oil. If you have dark hair like I do I also use Moroccan clay powder after to absorb more, but primarily to darken the roots again after the bentomnite powder, because the bentonite powder is white.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,294 times
Growing long hair can be very frustrating as i found out first hand but there is a way to grow long hair. there are many tips for growing hair some of which have been given in above post.
You should eat healthy get fruits and veg in your diet.
Exercise regularly.
The best way to grow long hair and fast is the stimulation of hair follicles and the use of essential oils,amino acids and vitamins.
the combination of these two works wonders.
All the best.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:55 PM

274 posts, read 370,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbzee View Post
Growing long hair can be very frustrating as i found out first hand but there is a way to grow long hair. there are many tips for growing hair some of which have been given in above post.
You should eat healthy get fruits and veg in your diet.
Exercise regularly.
The best way to grow long hair and fast is the stimulation of hair follicles and the use of essential oils,amino acids and vitamins.
the combination of these two works wonders.
All the best.
I'm just curious- what does exercise have to do with it? I've never read anything about that promoting hair growth.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:22 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,041,763 times
tuna!

Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,683 times
I've had great success with Mira hair oil! Go to my blog to read the story

[url=http://www.squidoo.com/workshop/grow-your-own-and-hair-and-lashes]Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoo[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care