Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 09:06 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times

Advertisements

Redken Glass was mentioned in a fashion magazine I was just reading. I may give it a try. Oh and yes, I do use a diffuser. I really like the Moroccan Oil so far. I straightened my hair last weekend and had it up in a clip when I was out running my hair was so slick and smooth that the clip kept falling out. LOL That is a new experience for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 09:22 PM

60 posts, read 279,981 times
Aveda - Be Curly
Toni & Guy, men's line carries a curl serum/lotion
Bumble & Bumble Creme

I love all of these products. I usually alternate, never using the same one all of the time. That's just me, I like to mix it up. And I deep condition my hair at least once per week. Big believer on that! I have course hair so I usually only wash my hair 3 times per week. Pull it back or wear it up on the days I don't wash it. Sometimes on days I feel I need an extra "wash" I'll only wet my hair, add leave in conditioner then apply a serum to control frizz...but all with out washing. Washing strips my hair of oil. Most often curly hair is dry so you need all that oil and moisture you can get. I never brush my hair or mess with it much if at all after it's dried. As that will only leave me looking like a big bushy mop head!! ahaha

Old 02-08-2009, 09:37 PM

60 posts, read 279,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Try the Mixed Chicks(yes, this is a real company) products line...they are amazing!!

I'm going to have to try them!! I've tried Redkin Glass and Biosilk as someone else has posted. I love those as a starter. But I can't use them as stand alones. My hair's just too course for it and eats up the moisture.

I may even p/u a bottle of Mixed Chicks "His Mix" for my son!! He's got tight piglet curls!! lol

Thanks!!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Any anti-frizz serum, really.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 AM

39 posts, read 90,175 times
Default Frizzies

Yes, I'm with you BESIT! It's tought to just use the Biosilk or Redken glass alone. Generally after that you need to put in some kind of styling gel. Graham Webb makes a nice curl definer for a light hold. Matrix makes a firmer gel in the Biolage line. These products are added after the biosilk, that's what keeps the curl defined and not become flyaway & frizzy....

Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,345,719 times
Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream

Old 02-10-2009, 08:48 PM

733 posts, read 1,927,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I'm finally getting a cut and color tomorrow. Yay! I tend to just wash and wear which equals frizzy within an hour or so for me. I'm pasting a link below to the style I'm going for and realize it will require extra work to achieve so I was wondering about favorite styling products for curls (aka kinky frizz).

I have used all three of these and they work great. If you use a curling iron with them it helps to use the thermal protection.

John Frieda® shampoo, conditioner, color enhancing and styling products (http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/products_main.asp?section=products&subSection=friz zEase&lineID=4 - broken link)

Extra-Strength Formula Hair Serum
Frizz-Ease® Thermal Protection Serum
Secret Weapon® Flawless Finishing Creme

Old 02-10-2009, 08:55 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream
Thank you so much for posting this! I used a sample of this over the summer and really liked it, but I threw the packet away and couldn't remember the name!

Old 03-06-2009, 02:35 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BESITOSDECOCO View Post
I'm going to have to try them!! I've tried Redkin Glass and Biosilk as someone else has posted. I love those as a starter. But I can't use them as stand alones. My hair's just too course for it and eats up the moisture.

I may even p/u a bottle of Mixed Chicks "His Mix" for my son!! He's got tight piglet curls!! lol

Thanks!!
I'd also recommend curls (Curly Hair Products and Advice for Natural black-ethnic-biracial curls care). Their shampoo is sodium laurel sulfate free, their conditioners are great (both the regular and deep) and the milkshake product is a lifesaver. I also really like the moisturizer.

The other company I've had recommended was Ouidad (not geared toward ethnic hair). It seems a bit more expensive than Curls, so I haven't splurged yet.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:49 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,325 times
I tried a sample of Ouidad once--not bad. The Mixed Chicks products look like the ticket for me, but I need to know if they have much fragrance. My husband can't stand any cosmetic fragrances anywhere in the house or on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care