Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times

Advertisements

This thread has gotten way too freaky: BACK to the original topic. If women had hairy backs, yes that would be freaky BUT: if your guy/gal doesn't care, let it go (guys w/hairy backs are freaky to me btw). If you want to shave your body, go for it - I personally think body hair isn't that unattractive unless it's ungroomed, creepy-long, etc.

Not sure how to express this: but I don't think women should shave every microcosm of hair except on her head.

Guys: have you EVER thought about some trimming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
I know a lot of women who were born, raised and living in California that don't shave their thighs. Not sure if that is just a 'California thing'. I wasn't born there but I lived there when I was a teen to my 20s. I could never not shave my entire leg.
Isn't that odd. Most women I know don't even have hair above the knee. I've never shaved my thigh...no hair there!!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 PM

681 posts, read 2,877,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

-----

Well, showing an unattractive woman with hair on her legs isn't making much case for it.
Unfortunately, the beauty ideals for women require more "maintenance". As much as I'd like to defy hair removal, cuz it's a PAIN, I have to admit I am affected by the standards and prefer shaven legs on myself & other women.
As for what men like, well, I'm going to guess most are influenced by the current standards as well.

When people imply that leg hair is gross on a woman, well, that is kind of ridiculous. It may not look the best, but there's nothing grotesque about it.
What's so unattractive about the woman in the picture? I'm married so I really don't care about what any other woman looks like, but it sure seems like the dude in the picture thinks she's pretty.

I don't care if my wife shaves her legs or not. Sometimes she shaves more than once a week... sometimes she'll go a month without shaving... never matters to me. Frankly, I don't like body hair... it's a nuisance. I've considered getting electrolysis for my facial hair so that I don't have to shave regularly and I still won't sandpaper my wife whenever I'm trying to be amorous.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BESITOSDECOCO View Post
ahaha now that's fUnny! i beg to differ though. the "shaved crotch" is not a fad that's here today and gone tomorrow. i'll be 40 and have been doing it for almost 20 years. and all my girlfriends, married one's, single one's, we all do. it's not just how it makes one feel, sexually speaking, but it's just so much cleaner. men who love a shaved crotch are freaky in a very very good way. and IMO people who allow themselves to even think of a preteen like what you and the other poster did is creepy.
Um, please don't call me creepy. I'm not saying it makes ME think of that for christ's sake! That was based on several conversations I have been privy to and the general attitude some men have that prefer their women to be more juvenile (meaning, few curves, no hair, etc.). Geez. Men not liking hairy women can be just a general preference for smoothness, but it can also be a manifestation of their ideas about femininity and gender (same with preference for chest size, etc.); it just depends on the guy.

I know a lot of women have gone "bare" for a long time. But, it is more common now, it's not considered taboo, and there are many more waxing places than before.

I don't understand why this has turned into an argument, if you read other posts of mine you will know I am all for the hair removal. But my experiences with men have shown that men have all different opinions on this and many different reasons for their opinions.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
My personal experience has been that despite my understanding, a lot of men like a little hair on their women's legs. Of course I'm sure it differs from man to man however I thought I'd get some of the opinions from the men on this board!

The ONLY hair on a woman should have is the hair on her head and her eyebrows.... PERIOD

Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
My personal experience has been that despite my understanding, a lot of men like a little hair on their women's legs. Of course I'm sure it differs from man to man however I thought I'd get some of the opinions from the men on this board!
I find it highly unattractive when a woman has hairy legs. Even a little hair is unattractive. Smooth legs are much more desirable to me. Heck, I dont know any guy who likes women with hair on their legs.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:32 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Smooth legs on a woman are sexy.Ill leave it at that.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:19 AM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
What's so unattractive about the woman in the picture? I'm married so I really don't care about what any other woman looks like, but it sure seems like the dude in the picture thinks she's pretty.

I don't care if my wife shaves her legs or not. Sometimes she shaves more than once a week... sometimes she'll go a month without shaving... never matters to me. Frankly, I don't like body hair... it's a nuisance. I've considered getting electrolysis for my facial hair so that I don't have to shave regularly and I still won't sandpaper my wife whenever I'm trying to be amorous.

If you cant tell whats unattractive with that, then maybe you might have some things to reconsider! That chick looks straight up like a man everywhere.

I hope your kidding about the second highlighted sentence. Doesn't matter to you. Hmm. ok, I won't even comment.

Umm, I guess your a better man than me. I guess I am wrong for wanting my females feminent.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,026 times
I think this discussion begs the question: when, and why, did hairlessness become a sign of femininity? While women usually are less hairy then men, women do have hair. And if hairlessness is the exaggerated ideal of feminine beauty, why is it that extreme hairyness isn't seen as the ideal of male beauty?

I also wonder if many younger men in the US have even seen/been intimate with a woman who doesn't participate in any hair removal. Do they even know what a woman without a shaved/waxed bikini looks like?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
I think this discussion begs the question: when, and why, did hairlessness become a sign of femininity? While women usually are less hairy then men, women do have hair. And if hairlessness is the exaggerated ideal of feminine beauty, why is it that extreme hairyness isn't seen as the ideal of male beauty?

I also wonder if many younger men in the US have even seen/been intimate with a woman who doesn't participate in any hair removal. Do they even know what a woman without a shaved/waxed bikini looks like?

I think it comes down to personal preference. I realize as do I am sure many other men that women do have hair. I just prefer my women to have it on their head and eyebrows. Not on their legs or under their arms. No big deal. Thats just me. I do think it equates with femininity. That's also just my opinion. Just like many women prefer guys with muscles. They equate that with masculinity. That's their opinon. I think hairlessness equates with youth wich equates with beauty. Don't twist what I am saying. I could care less if they shave their vaginal areas or not. I am talking legs and underarms. However, I must admit personally I am a fan of a little bit less down below. I think some women can definately trim that part a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care