U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,139 times

Advertisements

I just recently started using Hair One for dry hair (olive oil formula). The first time I used it, my hair looked and felt great! However, since then, I am having a problem with greasy roots. I follow the directions on the bottle and make sure i rinse well, but still seem to have a lot of product left on my roots when I style my hair. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,443,168 times
I tried Hair One. My hair is soft, fine, and has a slight wave.
I didn't like it. It seemed to take away the natural wave and wore the hair down a bit. I rinsed it really well, but it felt like some sort of residue was left.

I think this product would do best on hair that is too curly or maybe hair that is too processed.

I read an article that the states that outlawed sulfates have people complaining that their clothing was not getting clean enough. The product for laundering clothing is similar to that for hair. Scientists are trying to develop a better sulfate free product.

I think this would be a good product for my friends with curly hair that is hard to control, but not for people with fine or straighter hair.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 AM

36,991 posts, read 45,457,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
My hair is super greasy... will Wen or Hair One work at all? I think only a detergent would get out the layers and layers of grease from my head. Literally I will look like somebody dumped half a cup of oil on my head after 4 days.
Just wondering why you don't wash it every day if it's greasy?

Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 AM

1 posts, read 5,088 times
I was so impressed by the Wen adverts that I was on the verge of ordering it. However, yesterday I stumbled on the Hair One system and thought it sounded very similar. I tried it this morning, using it as a styling product/leave in hair conditioner all in one and the results are amazing. Hair isn't sticky or weighted down - instead it's bouncy and soft. Having read all the above reviews I won't be buying Wen. Just one comment - you don't need to use anywhere like the amount stated on the bottle!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 PM

4 posts, read 9,238 times
Thumbs up Hair One...so far so good!

I almost ordered Wen after watching the infomercial last night, but stopped when I read that they have continued to charge people's cards even after they have cancelled...so I researched and found that Hair One has the same ingredients and does the same thing at about half the price...bought one for normal hair at Sally's Beauty Supply...I couldn't wait to try it, I am at work so I grabbed the water spray bottle we use for plants, and starting spritzing my hair and put a few pumps of Hair One just on the hair shaft and ends (not the scalp) I'm using it as a leave-in conditioner right now, and I'm loving it!!!
I have a lot of hair, it's past my shoulders, no bangs, but it's fine hair that's gets dry at the ends with static and fly-aways, this stuff has tamed the beast that my hair can be...I can't wait to use it as a shampoo/conditioner!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:37 PM

5 posts, read 17,865 times
just bought it today will try it

Old 02-24-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferprestia View Post
I'm another person who doesn't use shampoo on her hair. I'm not sure, though that I would pay even $11 for the Hair One product when there are much cheaper conditioners out there with no detergents in them, that do exactly the same job. True the one I use doesn't have Tea Tree oil in, but I've never found the need for an anitbacterial. So, has anyone used either the WEN or the Hair One product and also just used the conditioner wash system and can compare? If it's dramatically better I might give it a try.
What are the cheaper conditioners out there that you speak of? I have been looking for Silicone free conditioners

Old 02-24-2011, 03:42 PM

I just realized how old these posts are. i just heard about Hair One yesterrday lol

Old 02-26-2011, 08:05 AM

261 posts, read 1,171,838 times
My conditioner of choice is Trader Joe's Nourish - it's around $2.99 for a bottle that lasts me several months as a co-wash. I tend to alternate using that with Hair One.

The cheapest conditioner without sulphates and silicone is (I think) Sauve Coconut, ($1) but I didn't like it as much as Trader Joes.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:47 PM

3 posts, read 13,060 times
I'm still using the Hair One (Tea Tree Oil formula) and still loving it. I did notice that the days I didn't use as much product as normal (I was trying to see if I could get away with less than the sduggested amounts), that my hair ended up greasy looking. So now I used the recommended amounts, rinse well, and my hair is great. I actually had a gentleman friend start playing around with my hair the other day and he said he was amazed at how great my hair felt. I even color my hair!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or