Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 6,811 times

Advertisements

I tried Wen at 55 with shoulder length highlighted hair and it has given my hair new hope. Bounce, shine and color protection. I went to my regular salon and my stylist flipped out. She told me my hair was in fantastic shape and wanted to know what I had done. I tolx her of course and she never batted an eye. She told me not to stop and she wanted to try it. I was nearly ready to run out because QVC autoship doesn't have a realistic schedule for me.

I was at Sally beauty supply and got huge compliments on my hair, mentioned Wen and got introduced to Hair One. It is pretty good and I think the jojoba that is designed for my hair type-colored smells better. I plan on using both to keep a supply on hand.

I know it looks like the ingredients are the same but it surefeels as if they are slightly different somehow. I do know that they keys for my hair to look its best is for me to rinse thoroughly before applying, to use half the recommended amount once, rinse and repeat about every 3 shampooings. Cool water is also key as well as comb through, and thorough rinsing. I like them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,811 times
I agree that Wen is worth it. I gave up root lifter, mousse, heat shield, detanglerand hair spray. That is a lo of products so I really kind of feel that I am saving my money as well as my hair. Hair One I think you will like as well. I keep it in case I run out of Wen because you can fine Hair One easily. Good luck. I want to hear how you like it!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:23 PM

261 posts, read 1,298,716 times
I don't check this forum very frequently (sorry) but for the person who asked me how I "washed" my hair: I use (normally) a conditioner called Nourish by Trader Joe. I use a flat egg shaped worth (I know but it's hard to describe) and rub in a quarters worth into the crown, each side and the back on each side. I use my finger tips and rub firmly like I was washing (which I am) I add a bit of water and repeat (the rubbing not additional product) and then I rinse.

Every week or so I use the Hair One product.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would use anything else. Bearing in mind my hair is grey (AKA old) yet my hairdresser is like "wow, how do you keep your hair in such good condition", it's a no brainer.

I wish there was an equally easy solution to my wrinkles.!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,122 times
To be honest, Wen is the one I prefer, with the other one it leaves my hair tangled, I have wavy long hair, so if I leave it wet it's curly, if I blow it out it's full, and I love my aftermath my baby girl loves to comb my hair and it doesn't hurt, so please take in consideration what your hair is like, for me the Tea Tree Oil is a big difference, just like Incubusvixen I get a lot of compliments too, and yes I splurge for the shampoo, but I also live on a budget, being a stay at home mom, and believe me I save more buying that one bottle, then constantly buying shampoo, conditioner, leave in shine spray, I hope this helps. =0)

Loving Wen, in Rockwall TX

Old 12-02-2011, 02:16 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,935,415 times
I think this thread just fades into oblivion for lack of interest, and then someone who for some reason sees the need to promote the product does one posting to bring it up again to the top. I purchased the product and ended up throwing it away.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM

10 posts, read 43,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferprestia View Post
I'm another person who doesn't use shampoo on her hair. I'm not sure, though that I would pay even $11 for the Hair One product when there are much cheaper conditioners out there with no detergents in them, that do exactly the same job. True the one I use doesn't have Tea Tree oil in, but I've never found the need for an anitbacterial. So, has anyone used either the WEN or the Hair One product and also just used the conditioner wash system and can compare? If it's dramatically better I might give it a try.
I went online looking for Wen alternative. I'm infactuated with Wen; I witnessed it help three people's hair problems, mine included. (Long story cut short: Hair #1) stopped the "rat's nest" look overnight; #2) added moisture without over-moisturizing; #3) hair was always either too dry or too greasy, and it took all that way.)
I did not know there were cheaper conditioners. What are some of the names? Are there ones as good as Wen, other than Hair One?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM

692 posts, read 1,729,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think this thread just fades into oblivion for lack of interest, and then someone who for some reason sees the need to promote the product does one posting to bring it up again to the top. I purchased the product and ended up throwing it away.
Wen girl for several years now. I don't need to promote the product but I will share my experiences with Wen when someone asks. You say you threw yours away. Why? I know for some people there is a learning curve. Which one did you use?

Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,935,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
Wen girl for several years now. I don't need to promote the product but I will share my experiences with Wen when someone asks. You say you threw yours away. Why? I know for some people there is a learning curve. Which one did you use?
I forgot which I used. I bought two, not knowing which to use. I feel I've been scammed. It did not leave my hair clean feeling. I did not like it at all. I have fine kind of straight hair, so all I can comment on is that. My hair is not color treated.

I think this product is just being promoted by a lot of people who post on this forum. It is either junk or perhaps it is suitable for a certain type of hair and should not be marketed to everyone.

I am sorry that I was dumb enough to buy into the hype on this forum and purchase the stuff.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:24 AM

2 posts, read 3,914 times
I think you might be using too much. I know Chaz says to use more but it doesn't work for me. I have pretty thick hair, mid back length that is color treated and body waved. I use 4 squirts all on my scalp and the work it down from there. I clip all my hair up and finish my shower. The last thing I do is rinse my hair well. It works great for me.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
I have tried both and found that the WEN held my color amazingly and the HAIR ONE did not. So I am back to the WEN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care