U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:09 AM

50 posts, read 89,428 times
Thank you so much for this thread! I just stumbled upon it yesterday and after reading it and the reviews on the Sally site for Hair One I bought a bottle yesterday.

I have naturally curly, thick, and yet fine hair - so I am usually a frizzy mess lol After just one use of Hair One my hair looks AWESOME! And it's so noticeable - my coworker in the office next to me walked by and almost got whiplash jerking her head back to get a second look at my hair. The frizz is calmed down significantly and it has really allowed my curls to shine. They're bouncier and my hair is just happier all around.

So nice to buy a product that actually delivers what it says it will!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 9,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzymc View Post
I have not used WEN, but had been considering it until took a really good look at their ingredient list. It's not as good as it advertises. It contains Methylchloroisothiazolinone, an anti-bacterial and skin irritant, which has been removed from most cosmetic products. It also contains Methylisothiazolinone, a powerful biocide and preservative which was recently discovered to be a neurotoxin.

So, in a panic, I grab my bottle of Hair One because they are supposed to have the exact same ingredients. This is not literal, they don't when it comes to the chemical makeup of each product. But I found that Hair One contains the preservative BHT, which is a known carcinogen - in particular, colon cancer. Recently diagnosed with the same, I'm going to toss my Hair One out.

So, what to use? I found Aubrey Organics, sulfate-free shampoos. Looking at the ingredients... lots of natural, organic products and no harmful chemicals. You can find them at Sprouts, Whole Foods Market and online. There are lots of other choices out there, not just Aubrey.
know of any links to back up your analasys on the toxins in WEN? I dont mean to sound rude I just would like to be more educated on this matter before i went and bought WEN or hair one. Right now IM using Jessicurl.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 AM

8,424 posts, read 22,846,073 times
Methylchloroisothiazolinone:METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE || Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews

BHT:BHT || Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews

I have been using this tea tree shampoo that I got on sale but it has parabens in it. I want to make my own shampoo out of bronners concentrate. I found this recipe on youtube:

YouTube - Make your own shampoo

I like it because its easy and all the ings are suppose to be positive for hair growth.
Dr.Bronners soaps are great too.The company's ethics are nice. But you can use any castile soap and I like that you can customize it. I would like to have it be the texture of Hair One/Wen and less of a sudsy shampoo. Anyone ever do a homemade copy cat?

Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 AM

4 posts, read 37,161 times
Hello I am ALSO wondering has anyone heard of a brand called American Crew, I saw it in the shop the other day and it looks creamy like Wen and Hair one. But havn't tried it to know. it is generally meant for men though ; Does anyone know if this product is similar to Hair one and Wen??
Thanks

Old 06-09-2010, 12:34 AM

4 posts, read 37,161 times
also some ppl are saying H'suan Wen Hua from Lush
maybe similar too. (a staff memeber suggested that to me).
ps Lush had a product called American Cream this is NOT the American Crew i was talking about they are two different things American Crew is not from Lush

Old 06-18-2010, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 10,806 times
I prefer Hair One over WEN. They work the same and Hair One is a 4th of the cost and is available at your local Sally store.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 PM

660 posts, read 712,981 times
Why are there so many 'one post/one person' here advocating Wen? Hmm..?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:26 AM

688 posts, read 1,054,647 times
I love Wen. It made a difference in my hair with the first use of the product. I use fig, the cleansing conditioner, oil, styling cream, and the hair mask. When the products are used correctly nothing beats it.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:11 PM

660 posts, read 712,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
I love Wen. It made a difference in my hair with the first use of the product. I use fig, the cleansing conditioner, oil, styling cream, and the hair mask. When the products are used correctly nothing beats it.
Well it's good to see an opinion from someone who's done some posting.
How much does it cost you per month to use Wen and do you have long or short hair?

Old 07-13-2010, 11:17 AM

688 posts, read 1,054,647 times
My hair is currently just past my shoulders. I've worn it as long as half way down my back. I found that WEN allows me to go as long as I want without relaxing. I used to relax every 8 weeks because my hair would start to tangle terribly when wet. When I use WEN tangles are no longer as issue.

I buy the 32oz bottle for about $45. It lasts a long time and I share it with my mother. How much you spend on WEN depends on how often you have to wash your hair. I don't have oily hair so I only have to wash once or twice a week. One of my friends washes her hair every other day but once she tried WEN and she was hooked. She'll never go back to shampoo and isn't a fan of Hair One (hair still tangles).

I buy WEN from QVC and try to take advantage of easy pay or special pricing. I even bought the gallon. I used to use Nexxus products. So I don't mind spending a little more for my hair. I know people who spend hundreds of dollars for hand bags and shoes. But they think I'm crazy to spend less then $50 on my hair. To each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care