Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:13 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,945,126 times

Advertisements

Has anyone who's tried Wen also tried Hair One--the Sally's Beauty Supply Wen alternative at a fraction of the price? Please give reviews if so. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 AM

1,317 posts, read 5,256,619 times
Well..I havent tried Wen, but I have tried Hair One. I like it,but dont
use it all the time. Im a product junkie,so I have to alternate alot.
It is a nice product,but I find I still need a heavier conditioner to comb
out my hair after. I have long hair though.

Greenchili

Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Well..I havent tried Wen, but I have tried Hair One. I like it,but dont
use it all the time. Im a product junkie,so I have to alternate alot.
It is a nice product,but I find I still need a heavier conditioner to comb
out my hair after. I have long hair though.

Greenchili
Thank you for your review. But it didn't bother you to go back to using detergent on your hair again? I'm having a hard time doing that. I haven't done it yet, I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced Wen alternative. The price is ridiculous.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Hmmm I was just reading more about this Hair One and I don't particularly like the fact that it cleanses with an antibacterial. I think all these antibacterials we're using nowadays are creating bigger and new strains of problems b'c they're killing good bacteria too. Wen probably has the same thing in it, huh? Any thoughts on this?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 180,295 times
Wen and Hair One have the exact same ingred. I triple checked before I cxld my Wen 3 month supply

Old 08-17-2009, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 180,698 times
Thumbs up Hair One

Hair One is just like Wen....my mom had the Wen and I told her about the hair one....she says they are the exact same, except the price!!!
I LOVE the way the Hair One makes my hair feel...I also use it on my girls hair, four little girls! The fact that I can go and pick up the hair cleanser is a definate bonus, instead of paying shipping and waiting for it to come in the mail. Try it, I just know you will love it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Has anyone who's tried Wen also tried Hair One--the Sally's Beauty Supply Wen alternative at a fraction of the price? Please give reviews if so. Thank you.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 179,978 times
Smile I have tried both!

I actually have used both. Hair One wasn't bad at all. I think if you have fine hair, it's a good option.

I have thick, VERY long hair. I tried Wen, liked it, but HATED the price.
So, I went to Hair One because the price was very affordable for what they were claiming.
My hair was great, I really have no problem with it at all.

However, Wen, in the Tea Tree Oil, is the best for my type of hair. I buy the 32 oz from Amazon, and that lasts me for quite some time. I do have VERY long hair, so I use quite a bit each time.

There are only small differences between the two, so personally I would spend the extra $$ on Wen, but I have nothing bad to say about Hair One!

(Just a sidenote : I never heat style or color my hair, yet using regular shampoos & conditioners stripped my hair to death. It was always super parched on the ends but greasy at the roots! However, since I switched to sulfate-free haircare, I have never gotten more compliments on my hair. People constantly comment on the shine & color of my hair! Sulfate-free is the way to go!)

Old 09-20-2009, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 179,723 times
QVC.com has the 32 oz for only 45 bucks, better than amazon.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 179,430 times
I used WEN for a few months and absolutely loved it but like others hated the price... I found the HAIR ONE by mistake today in Sallys and its the exact same stuff. I love it and plan on going back to stock up.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:31 PM

261 posts, read 1,296,205 times
I'm another person who doesn't use shampoo on her hair. I'm not sure, though that I would pay even $11 for the Hair One product when there are much cheaper conditioners out there with no detergents in them, that do exactly the same job. True the one I use doesn't have Tea Tree oil in, but I've never found the need for an anitbacterial. So, has anyone used either the WEN or the Hair One product and also just used the conditioner wash system and can compare? If it's dramatically better I might give it a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care