Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have thick, medium length hair (just above my shoulders). I would like to buy some sort of hair accessory that would make it easy to put my hair into a bun or some other updo for work. Ideally, this product would be easy to use, as I am all thumbs when it comes to hair styling!

What products or accessory do you recommend? I've seen the infomercials on the hairdini and the hairagami (among others) but would prefer an actual user's perspective before I buy anything.

TIA for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
They have some really nice octopus clips these days - Goody makes them to blend in with your haircolor.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
I LOVE the "ez combs"! I have waist length hair, and they are a breeze to use, and hold all my hair up all day long if needed. My MIL has hair barely to her shoulders and uses them as well with no problems either, I have also used them on my 10yr old's hair and it holds her fine hair as well.

I know you can either buy them online, or through the TV, but you can also get 2 of them in a kit from walgreens' for $10. (that's where I got mine)

Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 AM

I've seen those but wonder if they are too "dressy" for everyday use... aren't they kind of sparkly?

I had to resort to a simply pony tail today. It's pouring here in Charlotte and my hair gets BIG in humid weather!

If it clears out I'm going to run to Target on my lunch break and see what they have there. I went to Walgreens yesterday but didn't see anything like the ez combs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I LOVE the "ez combs"! I have waist length hair, and they are a breeze to use, and hold all my hair up all day long if needed. My MIL has hair barely to her shoulders and uses them as well with no problems either, I have also used them on my 10yr old's hair and it holds her fine hair as well.

I know you can either buy them online, or through the TV, but you can also get 2 of them in a kit from walgreens' for $10. (that's where I got mine)

Old 06-05-2009, 05:50 AM

Thanks - might have to check those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
They have some really nice octopus clips these days - Goody makes them to blend in with your haircolor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care