Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times

Advertisements

This is totaly strange...This is the first year of the real dose of grey growth..
Did this happen to you?

First of all they are coming bright white like my fathers...Not grey at all. Zero pigment.
There was a crop of scraggy ones that just stuck out wierd. My hair is thick so I just yanked them out. They new growth is silky smooth whites. Is that just how it goes?
Coming in crabby and then it smooths out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 06:17 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
Who knows? Gray hair is weird! My husband went "gray" when he was in his late 20's--and my poor son has his genes! So does my daughter, much to her consternation!
So far, all my white hairs are twice the thickness of my regular hair--and have a mind of their own! Even pulling them out hasn't made them mind their manners!
Let us know how it goes!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
I have really straight, fine, hair (dark blond/light brown whatever you call it) - I get the really shiny silver hairs, some are really wavy and some are coarse, I get an occasional white one (that I can see), yank it out and some of them have coal-black roots!!

Old 07-21-2009, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,941 times
hi my name is Betty richards from Nigeria, and am 26years old. i needed to know why am growning grey hair on my pubic part.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:50 AM

562 posts, read 2,403,290 times
"Betty" are you for real? If it bothers you that much my dear Nigerian, take action with a Brazilian!

OK, I couldn't resist. To the OP: I started going grey at the age of 28, very slowly. Now at 41( gasp, choke but its true) I am probably 60% white haired and my natural dark chestnut is a dark, dull brown. And yes, the texture is different, some are smooth and some are wiry little beasts right at my part that beg to be plucked. I don't know if they grow back smooth. Thank goodness for hair dye and smoothing products. But really, it just stinks doesn't it?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laviv View Post
hi my name is Betty richards from Nigeria, and am 26years old. i needed to know why am growning grey hair on my pubic part.
Nair it off sweetie. That's what I do. In 10 minutes you will be as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
I started graying in my early 20's. I'll be 40 in August and I'm not ready to be letting them show just yet, so I put rinses in my hair VERY often and use black pigment sticks or hair mascara in between rinses if the gray starts showing. Gray hair comes in VERY weird. Like it grows in a totally different direction than your REAL hair color follicles or something... Even if I gel them down, they'll pop right back up.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Hey all..Just an update...I have had no more wires pop and and a lot seem to be missing without plucking. I have been making sure to get everything I need vitamin wise for hair. I am thinking it was like this from stress of the crappy apt I was in the year before it started happening.

(crappy = stressful, never sleeping, slumlord, neighbors kept sending me thier roaches so I was spraying crap like a nutball and cleaning with harsh chemicals everyday 2x)

Old 07-22-2009, 12:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
As we all get older, our hair is going to turn. For some it turns gray or white, for others it turn loose, for some both.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,290 times
I lost hair due to stress over a year ago, and when it grew in it was all new white hairs, which stood out and looked crazy. Now that they are grown in , they blend just fine. Glad your stress is over Pitt. I know mine is- my mom thought she had cancer, but it was totally a false alarm. But a few weeks later, my hair starting coming out in the tub.

As my husband reminds me, at least I am not permanently losing my hair, just graying. The men probably have it worse, if they have male pattern baldness. Pitt, just marry a balding accountant and move to the suburbs.... just kidding... I hope you have a sense of humor, some people on here don't.Insert winky face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care