Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:11 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,866 times

Advertisements

Keep it somewhat long at least. Super short hair looks awful on guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
It sounds stupid to ask since I work in a salon but i really do have trouble 'managing' my hair. I feel like it always looks poofy or crappy. I know it's hard to tell from pics, but what products would you recommend from looking at my hair?
It looks dry and like you should blow dry it fully with an ionic dryer in the direction of the hair shaft. Use a leave in conditioner too. I like:
- Aussie spray leave in ,or
- Aissue spray leave in with heat protection ,or
- Pantene spray leave in
- Luce Hair polish in addition to whatever leave in. But use a dab and slather it over wet palms to smooth over the top layer and ends. Do not rinse through like the directions say. You need very little to do the leave in method.

When you put color over it the hair will be smoother too.

It really just looks like it needs a bit of conditioner and styling to de-poof.

Ask at the salon for something to put on the ends to define without wt.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:18 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
It sounds stupid to ask since I work in a salon but i really do have trouble 'managing' my hair. I feel like it always looks poofy or crappy. I know it's hard to tell from pics, but what products would you recommend from looking at my hair?
Thats exactly how I feel about my hair... Plus its thick and has a natural wave to it! To de-poof I would have them go in with thinning shears and vertically cut the underneath layers... it will help it not be so poofy and "helmet" like (I just had this done, thats how I know!! ). You also want to put on a deep conditioner at least once a week(Id try Redken Silk Fuel).. if your salon is a Redken salon then you can make out pretty well with the products. But I would use Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner and then once a week use the Redken silk fuel... all of these combined will make your hair feel soft as butter (its awesome!!) If you then feel like you still need some shine or you still have frizzys you could always get a serum like Ion silk drops to put on top!!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:53 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
MOROCCANOIL - Salon Products - Hair Conditioning Products

If you work at a salon, someone there can get it for you for much less. It retails for $40.00ish dollars...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care