Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:30 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,466,153 times

Advertisements

sailordave is right, don't spend money on fake hair just cut it short. I had a widdows peak at 18 years old, baldness runs in my family but thankfully I am in the mid 30's and it has held tough.

Also if you are not fully bald yet, use really good natural shampoo and eat right,...I don't know if this works but it cannot hurt. Stop using gel and other crap like that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 04:35 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,266,803 times
Women tend to think completely bald men are sexy.

Here are a couple of examples of some highly successful "baldies" of the past:

Yul Brynner - Biography

Telly Savalas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you aren't okay with it, the ladies will pick up on the insecurity and run like the wind.

Embrace your head, and the "gift" that is high amounts of testosterone!

Old 03-28-2010, 04:44 PM

50,179 posts, read 63,651,524 times
Oh, Honey, please don't worry about it. Go to a doctor and make sure that it is not something besides hereditary baldness, If it is just hereditary baldness, don't think that we women give two flips about it. I promise we quality women do not care. If you're even thinking of getting some kind of fake hair, don't do it.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,465,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post

Yul Brynner - Biography

If you aren't okay with it, the ladies will pick up on the insecurity and run like the wind.

You forgot Sean Connery.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,980,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post

Yul Brynner - Biography

Women & gay guys also thought it was sexy when telly savalas would suck on his lollipop. Who loves you baby. Telly was a classic actor just like yul brynner.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:23 PM

241 posts, read 473,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzwigan View Post
Ok im 21 and the last few months have really started to get bad with my hair, i used to have very nice hair and now its just going, its just the front sides of my head.

Iv'e just currently stopted smoking for the past 5 days and started training, EG: Weights, Grappling & Running/Jogging.

This has had an effect on me and has really stoppted alot of stress evan though its only bin a week, I'm abit confused about what to do lol this may sound sad but i dont want to shave my hair of cause i think i have a big forehead lol, but maybee after a while it will start to look normal, iv'e bin wearing a hat all the time and then when i take it off infront of my friends they say to me "Did you no your going bald" lol and i say **** lol i dont like it at all and its having quite a effect on my life style and my self confidence

Please i hope someone can lead me in the right direction & come u with some solution to stop me getting worried or evan sort this out, i having second thoughts about shaving it of and just getting used to it cause i read up somewhere on the net that if you start to go bald then the only way is to shave it off lol. Well hope someone decent can help me out with a proper solution.
>> Just like my age ^_^ but I'm
a female
try this
>
>
http://www12.0zz0.com/2010/03/29/04/534129850.jpg (broken link)

http://www12.0zz0.com/2010/03/29/04/363301281.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,615,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You forgot Sean Connery.
And Bruce Willis, and Woody Harrilson, and Christopher Meloni (YUM!!!)

Not to mention the bald jock guys like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and Bill Goldberg.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,773,747 times
Op I like bald men. But to make you feel any better with age it won't bother you anymore. Bald is beautiful.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,230,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
sailordave is right, don't spend money on fake hair just cut it short. I had a widdows peak at 18 years old, baldness runs in my family but thankfully I am in the mid 30's and it has held tough.
Maybe I have hope then, I started getting a widow's peak at 19, I'm in my mid-20's now and it hasn't receded. It was like I got a wake up call that my high school days were over and this is the real world lol. I receded a lot in a few months but has been the same since. Was that the same for you?

Well, op, i went through the same thing, it still bothers me that my hairline isn't perfect, and if ever it got worse, I look forward to embracing shaving it. Honestly, f**k hair transplants and all that crap.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,351,002 times
I too lost my hair in my twenties. I learned there isn't much you can do to make it look better but there are things you can do to make it worse.

1. The comb over. Gawd that looks awful. Don't do it. I never did and every time I see a guy growing his hair out 6 inches on one side and flipping it over the top I just want to grab him and say STOP.

2. The Elton John solution: a hairpiece. Most look obviously fake and in Elton's case, it looks like he's wearing a dead animal on his head. Don't do it.

3. Hair plugs. I guess it works OK for some guys (Vice President Biden?), but in your case I wouldn't do it, at least not yet. The reason is you don't know how much hair you are going to lose in you life. If you get plugs now and only lose a little more hair it might be OK, but if you lose a lot more after you get the plugs you will have go back to get more areas filled in.

4.Rogaine. It seems to work for guys with some mild baldness and it might work for you.

I agree with others just cutting it really short or shaving it is the best you can make of a bad situation. I sympathize with you. Losing your hair at such a young age is tough. I'd tell you to lose the hat and just deal with the comments in the here and now. The sooner you get used to it, the better you will feel later.
I think some women don't mind the baldness too much although I think if they are being honest they all prefer a full head of hair but are just being nice when they say they like it. But many can look beyond the flaw and remember, even most bald men get girlfriends and wives, sooner or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care