Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,666 times

Advertisements

Try WEN or Hair One. You can buy WEN through QVC or Amazon. Hair One can be found at Sallie's Beauty Supply stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 01:22 AM

543 posts, read 2,309,521 times
The best I have found is Biolage smoothing products. My hair looked great all summer, and I wear mine short. I blow it dry then take a Chi to problem areas. Biolage products is the only one I have used that even using the serum, my hair feels soft. The serum is the trick to helping it stay smooth in the humidity.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:08 PM

171 posts, read 790,437 times
I have shoulder length curly hair. Sometimes I straighten, but when I don't have time - this is what I do: (it's similar to what RedJen posted earlier)
1)Shampoo and deep condition, combing conditioner through in shower.
2)Rub any kind of moisturizing mousse through damp hair.
3)Top off with a shine spray of some kind
4) DO NOT BRUSH, but use a wide tooth comb to evenly distribute product.
5)Turn head upside down and scrunch/squeeze with a towel
6)When hair has mostly air dried, use a diffuser attachment on your hair dryer, again with hair upside down. This gets rid of the "wet" look.
7)Finish off with flexible hold hairspray.
This may *seem* like a lot of work, but it's really not! It's much faster than straightening!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:59 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Frizz-ease products work great, and so do the Aquage versions available at salons. Tha Aquage has a product for if I want to blow my hair smooth or a different one to air dry the curls.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:32 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
I'm black so it doesn't get any curlier & kinkier that what grows out of my head... last week I got a Brazilian keratin treatment, and I am blow away by how smooth and sleek my hair now looks. It's not cheap, but if you want to splurge, I highly recommend it.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,691 times
Default curly hair

check out hair product reviews for curly hair here: http://www.styleup.com/category/hair-10217 (broken link)

I would try some products on the top 10 list.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 AM

245 posts, read 955,790 times
www.ouidad.com

Can't say enough about their cutting technique & products. A bit on the pricey side but they will teach you to love your curls & how to properly take care of them. I've walked out of the certified salon closest to me and my curls were absolutely beautiful! Soft, no frizz, definition, shine & really overall healthy looking.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:10 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,345,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I agree!!

To the OP - i dont know how curly your hair is naturally, but you should get this book and read it.

Then try a salon that has someone trained with the Devacurl products.. and cut, curl, etc. They cut it dry, and teach you how to maintain it naturally. NO flat-ironing, straightening, etc.

NO brushing. Curly hair shouldnt be brushed, OR washed with shampoos. Only with a conditioner, and like 2-3 times a week.

I have not gone to the salon yet, but i'm making an appt. soon. Good luck!

(PS. i've just gone thru MP, so i feel your pain LOL)

Old 03-24-2011, 10:33 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
My daughter has long, thick, curly hair. She goes crazy when people want to touch her hair, and ask her if it is naturally curly...and she loves to straighten her hair, but it takes a long time. I have spent more money on hair products for her...she has a whole cupboard of different things.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
I have long wavy/frizzy hair and I used a similar technique to others here- deep condition, smoothing products, let it air dry, then sleep on it. Then the next morning, maybe a bit of a flat iron, or hot rollers.

I got tired of doing that 2x per week so I got the keratin smoothing treatment. Had it done 6 months ago and just got my second one done. Saves me so much time dealing with my hair, its worth the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care