Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,546,165 times

Advertisements

Uh...the OP is NOT LIFTING. She is depositing color. Natural a 5 and coloring to a 4. There is no need for a 40 volume developer WHEN GOING DARKER.

Imagine that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 01:24 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,235,784 times
Oh really...because that is the only way I get color to grab on to some people's hair when the have lots of grey or are asian/indian (or have that really thick strong hair like that or bossy grey).

Old 05-09-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Oh really...because that is the only way I get color to grab on to some people's hair when the have lots of grey or are asian/indian (or have that really thick strong hair like that or bossy grey).

RIGHT...because you often deposit color on already black asain/indian hair.... You use 40 vol developer to deposit black hair color on black hair?
You make a lot of sense....
This is like peeing in a fan. I am talking in circles with someone who just has no idea about color.

I am done with it... really.

Best of luck to the OP.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:09 PM

687 posts, read 1,117,566 times
I can only say that the weird color you get in the sun is a result of the ash tone that is creating that purplish color. Neutral would definitely help avoid that. I only use 40 volume when lifting and bleaching, never depositing...it doesn't make sense for depositing. Next time do a color test on a strand of hair. And yes..I am licensed. By the way, I really liked the Hair One carried by Sally's that I just tried. Shampoo and conditioner in one without any sudsing action which takes getting use to but did the job. Sulfate free too so really great for redheads trying to avoid fading.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
RIGHT...because you often deposit color on already black asain/indian hair.... You use 40 vol developer to deposit black hair color on black hair?
You make a lot of sense....
This is like peeing in a fan. I am talking in circles with someone who just has no idea about color.

I am done with it... really.

Best of luck to the OP.
Yeh. I do and have done. Who said it had to be black? Most asian people don't have black hair anyway. Its dark brown.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
I can only say that the weird color you get in the sun is a result of the ash tone that is creating that purplish color. Neutral would definitely help avoid that. I only use 40 volume when lifting and bleaching, never depositing...it doesn't make sense for depositing. Next time do a color test on a strand of hair. And yes..I am licensed. By the way, I really liked the Hair One carried by Sally's that I just tried. Shampoo and conditioner in one without any sudsing action which takes getting use to but did the job. Sulfate free too so really great for redheads trying to avoid fading.
What vol do you use when working with color resistant hair?

Have you not had a client where the color won't grab at those low vol really well if at all? (acts more like a semi-perm dye and not perm dye) Especially when using reds.

A lot of grey makes for odd tones like that too. I think its a multi color needed job.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yeh. I do and have done. Who said it had to be black? Most asian people don't have black hair anyway. Its dark brown.

OK...then what color are you DEPOSITING on asian hair?

And no, we don't need to use 40 vol developer to DEPOSIT color because professional products are just that...professional...

Maybe you need to figure out what deposit color means in cosmotolgy world...

Old 05-14-2010, 01:49 PM

Oh great know it all..what does it mean?

I deposited purples(plum), reds, browns (to rich up dull color)

I have used store bought and "professional" products. Stop being all high and mighty. Its only hairdressing, not genetic engineering.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:51 PM

Well..there is no need to name call...but whatever makes you feel better...

Dark brown hair would be LIFTED to purple or red...and why would you use 40 vol on already brown hair to 'rich up' dull color?

And how could you use professional products when you don't have a license to buy them? Stuff you buy at Sally's is not professional...

And by the way,,,you were just beefing on some other thread to use shampoo to fix color...it is less damaging you said..and now you tell me you use 40 vol developer to 'rich up dull color'... Don't you just put a warm brown shampoo on it and call it a day? LMAO...

Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 PM

Because the lower volumes did not make the color grab.

Yes I could never get my hands on pro hair color items. People can buy drugs on the streets but hair color stuff..forget about THAT contraband...lol
I modeled and I know stylists and I also know about manufacturing of these items. A lot of the "pro" items are things that are just repackages in different concentrations or with cheaper pigments.

Beefing? LOL. I just think you have little experience if you think there is only one way to "skin a cat" when it comes to beauty stuff. And that you are so determined you are right without even seeing them in a picture let alone in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care