U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Chesapeake, Va!
92 posts, read 257,312 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

12 y/o boy and 7 y/o girl visiting from NC..Any ideas where to go in the Ham,pton Roads area? Its been excruciatingly HOT so lots of regualr parks are out of the question! We're looking for something rather inexpensive..and some places that are pet friendly...Sassy Girl is a 1 y/o 5 lb Yorkie and we hate to have to leave her home!

Petting zoos, outdoor festivals, whatever, we're open to suggestions that might have some shady areas around..


Anyone have any ideas??


Thanks!!

Wendy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2010, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Va Beach
3,508 posts, read 11,897,828 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOVMom View Post
12 y/o boy and 7 y/o girl visiting from NC..Any ideas where to go in the Ham,pton Roads area? Its been excruciatingly HOT so lots of regualr parks are out of the question! We're looking for something rather inexpensive..and some places that are pet friendly...Sassy Girl is a 1 y/o 5 lb Yorkie and we hate to have to leave her home!

Petting zoos, outdoor festivals, whatever, we're open to suggestions that might have some shady areas around..


Anyone have any ideas??


Thanks!!

Wendy
Williamsburg!

http://www.bing.com/local/default.as...iamsburg%2c+va
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 AM
 
5,563 posts, read 7,635,104 times
Reputation: 5829
The living museum has a dinosaur exhibit going on. No pets though.

Are you on the south side or peninsula?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Chesapeake, Va!
92 posts, read 257,312 times
Reputation: 32
We did the museum...LOL. Was cool, tho!

We wound up going to the beach at First Landing State Park...DOGS ALLOWED!!! YAY!!! The kids loved it, the dog had a blast and it was only $4/carload!! A Bargain!!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2010, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Va Beach
3,508 posts, read 11,897,828 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOVMom View Post
We did the museum...LOL. Was cool, tho!

We wound up going to the beach at First Landing State Park...DOGS ALLOWED!!! YAY!!! The kids loved it, the dog had a blast and it was only $4/carload!! A Bargain!!

Thanks!!
Do you camp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Va Beach
3,508 posts, read 11,897,828 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
The living museum has a dinosaur exhibit going on. No pets though.

Are you on the south side or peninsula?
They're visiting from NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2010, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Chesapeake, Va!
92 posts, read 257,312 times
Reputation: 32
The kids are visiting from NC for 2 weeks...when we take them back we will camp all the way back...start at Knotts Island and Ocracoke and work our way to the New Bern NC area where they live.

WE live in Chesapeake...

We did it last year and had a great time...this yr will be even a little better cuz theyre a little older (not much but...7 and 12 is better than 6 and 11!!!).

Im exhausted, tho...


Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 AM
 
Location: Va Beach
3,508 posts, read 11,897,828 times
Reputation: 1010
Yep, kids will wear you out keeping them busy. North Bayshore Campground on Colechester in Sandbridge is a nice place to camp. It's just past Margie & Ray's restaurant. Natural sites and you can rent row boats, canoes, kayaks and fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top