Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:30 PM

135 posts, read 388,839 times

Advertisements

Williamsburg is better although more expensive than VB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 11:01 PM

17 posts, read 82,896 times
I'd take Williamsburg over VA Beach.
As far as it being expensive? I just don't see it. And if it is, then it's definitely not by much.
Williamsburg is much more quiter, has awesome scenery and just seems like an all around peaceful place nestled away from the drunk drivers of southern Hampton Roads and away from all the jet noise along with the lack of scenery.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 AM

275 posts, read 868,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBronzeFlower View Post
I'd take Williamsburg over VA Beach.
As far as it being expensive? I just don't see it. And if it is, then it's definitely not by much.
Williamsburg is much more quiter, has awesome scenery and just seems like an all around peaceful place nestled away from the drunk drivers of southern Hampton Roads and away from all the jet noise along with the lack of scenery.
Ummmmm...riiiiight.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:44 AM

4 posts, read 3,688 times
Is Williamsburg, VA a good place to live for a single person moving out on their own or is Hampton Roads better?

Old 09-03-2019, 06:05 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,963,242 times
That’s such an open ended question. What are you looking for in a community?

Old 09-05-2019, 08:14 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,514,358 times
Just visited both. WB is so much more beautiful and interesting.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 618 times
I grew up in WMSBG, worked in VA Beach and now live in Churchland, Portsmouth. WMSBG is a great place to live as is VA Beach. There schools are comparable but far fewer as the population demands. Based on what you said you are looking for, "a family friendly community with low crime, bike paths, a good sense of community, playgrounds, parks, houses that aren't smack up against your neighbor, activities for kids (like Little Gym etc.)" WMSBG has all that except the brand name Little Gym. There are gymnastics, lots of playgrounds, parks, little league soccer, baseball, and much more private and city/county run programs and activities for kids. The best part for kids is the ability to play outside in your own yard or neighborhood and build lifelong friends and relationships.

An important thing to consider is where in WMSBG you want to live. The area consists of the City of Williamsburg, James City County and York County (Bruton District). Home values and taxes vary based on the municipality.

Old 09-11-2019, 12:45 PM

19,086 posts, read 16,895,426 times
No one has mentioned this but where do you work? Depending on locality and working hours your daily trip to make your daily bread can turn into a 1 hour+ bumper to bumper nightmare, just saying that this for me would be a major point when looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area