Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,289 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the area in a month or two and would like to find a good Parents Day Out program for our two boys. I have googled and not been able to find any in the York County or Newport News area. Is it called something else here? For those not familiar, PDO or MDO is for infants to 2-year-olds (before pre-school) that usually runs for a few hours a couple of days a week. My kids love it, as do I.

Also, I have only been able to find a couple of pre-schools online. Can anyone direct me to a good pre-school? Where we live, most of the churches have PDO and pre-school programs. Is that the case in York/NN?

Any other advice for someone with young children who is new to the area? We haven't even been up there to visit yet, so all I know is what I can find online.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:06 AM

371 posts, read 1,190,724 times
I would highly recommend Chestnut Memorial Preschool. They are in Newport News, but right on the edge of York County. They do not advertise (they don't need to!) and fill up by word of mouth. We checked them out and loved them. Our son went there for two years of preschool before starting kindergarten.

I know of many teenagers (my older child just graduated High School) who would tell me that they had went to preschool at Chestnut Memorial and loved it even back then. The church that the preschool is located in also does a Mommys day out program.

Chestnut Memorial Preschool is located at 1024 Harpersville Rd Newport News, VA. Phone: 757-591-0429

Another preschool that I have heard great reviews about is at Bethel Baptist church on Big Bethel Road in York County.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,368 times
There is a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY OUT program at Wesley United Methodist Church, 2510 N. Armistead Ave. Hampton, VA 23666, 757-838-3044 (near Langley AFB). It has been serving the community for almost 40 years. You should really check them out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area