Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 06:30 PM

31 posts, read 44,331 times

Advertisements

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.
My husband and I are researching moving to considering to Virginia from S. California.
Although we love the beauty and climate of So. Cal we are looking to move to a more fiscally and socially conservative community.

We have a small toner recycling company.
We would need to be close to a city, with businesses that print in large numbers. It is a service company and not sales based.
How are taxes for business in Virginia?

Is it possible to find a house in a safe community for 100K-130K, with at least 1000 sq. feet.? We would love to find a community with other like minded people. We are fairly conservative Christians.

Since we homeschool, we are not concerned about the "rating" of school districts. We would like to find a "family friendly" community ie: parks, community events for kids, activities for the kids.
We are currently involved in a youth track club here and would love to be able to continue.

Does anyone know of any cities/towns with an active "homeschooling" community. Is anyone familiar with communities/groups out there?

Thanks so much!
ellabella
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 08:35 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella65 View Post
I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.
My husband and I are researching moving to considering to Virginia from S. California.
Although we love the beauty and climate of So. Cal we are looking to move to a more fiscally and socially conservative community.

We have a small toner recycling company.
We would need to be close to a city, with businesses that print in large numbers. It is a service company and not sales based.
How are taxes for business in Virginia?

Is it possible to find a house in a safe community for 100K-130K, with at least 1000 sq. feet.? We would love to find a community with other like minded people. We are fairly conservative Christians.

Since we homeschool, we are not concerned about the "rating" of school districts. We would like to find a "family friendly" community ie: parks, community events for kids, activities for the kids.
We are currently involved in a youth track club here and would love to be able to continue.

Does anyone know of any cities/towns with an active "homeschooling" community. Is anyone familiar with communities/groups out there?

Thanks so much!
ellabella
Have you tried places like San Diego or Orange County?

It is conservative here, but probably not more than SD or OC.

You're not going to find a safe house here for $100-$130K.

The business community is rather friendly (ranked as one of the best states for business) however, the small business atmosphere in HR is dismal. You'll have a very hard time making it here, especially in the toner business.

People do home school here and they certainly go to church.

Home schooling and going to church don't automatically put you in a safe area or make a good business.

I don't think HR is right for you. Texas might work, but not HR.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:07 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
I would recommend the western side of Virginia. There is a big college community and your business would do much better out there vice ocean side of the state. I believe the conservative atmosphere would also suite your needs, but you will not have spring year round either. Maybe the Greenville area of North Carolina?

Old 05-20-2011, 09:03 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
But again, most colleges are already in office supply (i.e.- toner) contracts. I don't think it's going to be possible for her to infiltrate that market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: