U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 4,413 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am planning on moving to the area in a couple of months. My husband will be stationed at the Norfolk Naval Base. I've been doing a LOT of research on the area, but I still need some help.

I am wanting to rent a town house but cannot afford anything over 1,200 a month.

We have one child who has special needs so a good school system is critical. I will be by myself a lot with deployments and work ups, so a safe neighborhood is also critical. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to Chesapeake, specifically zip codes 23320,23321, and 23322. If I was to look in other zip codes in Chesapeake, are there any that I should avoid?

Also I have not ruled out Virginia Beach, but it would need to be reasonably close to the Naval Station, still with good schools, and a safe neighborhood. I am mainly looking at zip code 23464. Avoiding jet noise is VERY important.

I know I am asking a lot for just 1200 a month, but with my son's special needs, I need to stay at home and cannot work. I am planning a trip to visit the area in a week or so, but I cannot leave without finding a place so I want to be as prepared as possible. I appreciate any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,551 times
23321 specifically the Western Branch area

Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 AM

3 posts, read 3,434 times
Default Live in 23456/23464 area code

I say that I live in both b/c less than 1 mile is the 23464 area code.
I live right off Indian River/Independence blvd (beginning from this side of that street)

Our area is called Glenwood/Rosemont area

With that said, it's a quick jump to 64 and hop on the HOV to quick access to base.
Not bad as they are building new houses here and there are also some ones to rent. I know of one specifically 4bed/2.5bath house on Raynor going and I think he's asking 1200 a month there.

Good luck! Not bad schools either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area