U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 07:20 AM

5,701 posts, read 5,467,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Out of curiousity, where are the corners for "independent women soliciting services," on an hourly rate or per service. LOL (No, not looking but I know these areas are nasty and need to stay clear of.
Is there specific streets that you need to wear bullet proof vests? Definitely have bars on the windows?
Where are most of the pan handlers?
Where are the homeless?

I haven't seen any of this and I know it must exist. I take that back, I see the news broadcasting shootings all the time but have yet to drive into or past a neighborhood that gives me goosebumps.

Is there a big problem with teen runaways?
Everything in Virginia is on the down low. Too many police, and everything else, to have an open market. So no, you'll never see anything, as a casual observer. Spend time on the street walking around instead of driving through you start to notice things. Actually live in a bad neighborhood and hear people getting shot at you start to get a better understanding.

Closest thing the OP is going to find that type of action is the housing projects and maybe parts of Oceanview or where people that used to live in housing projects that have been demolished currently live at, as is the case in some of the neighborhoods in Portsmouth, and will be the case in some of Norfolk's neighborhoods once the Mayor gets his way. These are very, very, easy areas to avoid. It might be touch and go between Ghent and the river but there are some great neighborhoods in there as well. Sketchy for sure but I've been in far worse areas so there should be no cause for concern. No real reason to be over there anyway unless you know someone or know something.

Panhandlers are everywhere. That is just a fact of life in the city. A lot of people that should be in mental institutions walking around. Seriously. As far as _ workers; again as discrete as things are around here I'm not sure why the OP would feel that they would encounter anyone providing those services. And even if he or she did, what of it? Just walk away, unless you don't think that you would and that is an entirely different conversation for the Psychology thread.

Far as bullet proof vests this is no Chicago, Detroit, or East St. Louis. You could wear a vest, and never need one. Then the one time you don't wear one, well that's just how life goes.

I don't wear any bullet proof vest, and no bars on my windows. Then again I've been in far worse areas and still did not have bars on my windows or a bullet proof vest. It is what it is.

Teen runaways? I thought that was Seattle and Portland with that problem. I imagine there are some teen runaways here. I've never asked any teens if they ran away to find out. Lol; this really isn't a place you want to run to it is not a sanctuary area and if anything Virginia does everything possible to encourage you to move out as expensive as things are here. If you want sanctuary, you would do a lot better out in California where there is a chance in hell of getting social services, as in enough to go around for everyone that needs it. Teen runways; ROFL!

I know that people troll this forum hard but the OP has shown a new level of creativity when it comes to the art of the game. Taking things to an entirely different level. Made my day I needed that laugh I might have to start coming around more often.

Last edited by goofy328; 10-29-2017 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 06:07 PM

5,581 posts, read 7,733,712 times
Holy old thread revival!

Old 11-01-2017, 02:23 AM

3,506 posts, read 2,340,611 times
People in this area are so dramatic regarding the bad areas here...

Old 11-02-2017, 04:42 AM

998 posts, read 815,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
People in this area are so dramatic regarding the bad areas here...
Indeed they are.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:00 AM

7,274 posts, read 8,895,742 times
Cool, resurrecting a 6 year old thread to find out where the prostitutes work....

Old 11-08-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Cool, resurrecting a 6 year old thread to find out where the prostitutes work....
It makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Old 12-05-2018, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 45 times
God damn sheeple arguing about racism I’ll **** a black hooker a aisian hooker hell I’ll **** a orange midget hooker just tell me where they’re at . Or take a hike right off the end of flat earth

Old Today, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizons196 View Post
God damn sheeple arguing about racism Iíll **** a black hooker a aisian hooker hell Iíll **** a orange midget hooker just tell me where theyíre at . Or take a hike right off the end of flat earth
Perhaps. But then you probably already know where to find them.

Old Today, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizons196 View Post
God damn sheeple arguing about racism Iíll **** a black hooker a aisian hooker hell Iíll **** a orange midget hooker just tell me where theyíre at . Or take a hike right off the end of flat earth
You like oompa loompas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or