Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 07:21 PM

844 posts, read 1,441,229 times

Advertisements

I need to get my desktop checked out, anybody know a good reliable place that works on computers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 AM

177 posts, read 654,324 times
I have used MCS Computers before with good results:

MCS Computers

Old 01-03-2012, 08:45 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,855 times
We have used this company here in Virginia Beach for desktops and laptops and have had good results. Reasonable prices, too. The owner's name is Joe Shahade. If you'd like to read more, there are plenty of favorable reviews on Google (which is how we found his company in 2008).

Tidewater Computer Repair

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAllGood View Post
I have used MCS Computers before with good results:

MCS Computers

What was wrong with your computer? I have relative solid computer knowledge and this problem I'm having with my computer is a problem I can't fix.

Blue Screen problem

How much do they charge for a diagnose?

Last edited by TAZORAC; 01-04-2012 at 05:14 AM..

Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 AM

359 posts, read 758,753 times
Well, whatever you do, don't waste your time at Best Buy! Big box stores = generally not a good idea.

Try these guys instead:

East Coast Computers in Virginia Beach, VA | 3590 Holland Rd, Virginia Beach, VA

Old 01-05-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D train outta nowhere View Post
Well, whatever you do, don't waste your time at Best Buy! Big box stores = generally not a good idea.

Try these guys instead:

East Coast Computers in Virginia Beach, VA | 3590 Holland Rd, Virginia Beach, VA

It's funny you said that because I was thinking about taking it too BEST BUY, although I've been told that they'll hold your computer for 2 weeks and still not fix the problem.

I'll call EAST COAST for prices.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM

177 posts, read 654,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
What was wrong with your computer? I have relative solid computer knowledge and this problem I'm having with my computer is a problem I can't fix.

Blue Screen problem

How much do they charge for a diagnose?
Wife someone got a virus on her laptop that I couldn't fix (I have relatively solid computer knowledge also)...they were able to fix it.

I can't remember how much they charge...according this, 24.50 for a desktop?

MCS Computers LLC

Old 01-05-2012, 02:59 PM

359 posts, read 758,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
It's funny you said that because I was thinking about taking it too BEST BUY, although I've been told that they'll hold your computer for 2 weeks and still not fix the problem.

I'll call EAST COAST for prices.
Good stuff. Glad to be of service.

If you're bored, just google "Best Buy computer horror stories" sometime and you shall see.

I believe in small business - if you like small business too, look around for and 'like' the FB page for "Locally owned 757".

Old 01-05-2012, 03:22 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D train outta nowhere View Post
Good stuff. Glad to be of service.

If you're bored, just google "Best Buy computer horror stories" sometime and you shall see.

I believe in small business - if you like small business too, look around for and 'like' the FB page for "Locally owned 757".
Thanks for the information, D train - I'll look for that FB page. I like to support small businesses and if it's a local business, that's even better!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,097 times
Default Stay Away from PC Alternatives

First off...I found out that the owner, Matt Normant, wrote many of the positive reviews online. If you go to judysbook.com & search PC Alternatives, to the left will be 11 reviews listed. If you click that it will show 11 reviews all written by one...MATT N! He wrote them all on November 17, 2010. Having to write false business reviews for your own company is bad, bad business.

I wish I had known this BEFORE I did business with them. I was quoted a $99 flat fee for service. However, after the service was completed I got an invoice the very next day for $204! It included a $20 travel fee that was never previously disclosed and an $85 on-site technical support fee. When I called him about the billing he said that they always charge a travel fee & must have just 'forgotten' to tell me when we spoke. He also said the $85 fee was because they spent more than 1 hour (which is the whole point of a FLAT FEE quote...unless of course he only meant if they spend LESS than an hour) and because they performed work that had not been previously discussed (NOT TRUE) and was not covered under the FLAT FEE quote (WTF?).

Buyer Beware! Be sure if you do decide to business with them that you get EVERYTHING in writing...and even then I'm not sure you wont end up paying more than was originally quoted to you! In my opinion there are plenty of other computer service providers that have a better work ethic and are honest. My recommendation: Definitely go somewhere, anywhere, else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area