Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM

6 posts, read 11,011 times

Advertisements

My husband and I (along with young son) are moving to the area (VA Beach) soon and I am trying to figure out where is safe to go and if the surrounding areas are safe to go to? Where we currently live I come and go with son without really putting any thought into it, and I am starting to feel as if I am going to be a prisoner in my own place. We are debating two apartment complexes, Brenneman Farm and Marina Shores....have pretty much figured out though we like the sound of BF they are a little too expensive for us. We are looking to spend no more than 1200 for a two bedroom and it needs to be convenient to but not right beside Little Creek...and safe! Downside to Marina Shores that I know right off is they will not allow us to install a security system ...such a bummer! I will be by myself as my husband will be deploying shortly after we get there and was told there is a park right beside marina shores as well as a bloom grocery/food lion and also beach access (public) right across the street. Are these all safe to go to? Anyone know anything about the apartments? Any other suggestions for apartments in the price range listed? Safety tips? We were going to look at the Waypoint at Bayview (or bayville?) but when I googled them we read the article about the robbery and rape of a girl returning to her apt alone last NOvember and how a lot of the residents volunteered to the media that the complex was not safe and quickly changed our minds ! Thanks in advance for all the help. Oh and in case it isn't noticed, we know nothing about the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 PM

57 posts, read 222,357 times
These are three very different areas. Waypoint is on the low end. Brenneman Farms is a fine area..within walking distance of many local business and grocery stores. Doesn't mean something couldn't happen at night walking down Holland or Independence, but I wouldn't be scared of the area or anything.

Marina Shores is a different story. Look on a map, that whole area bordered by Lynnhaven Bay inlet on the west, Laskin Rd. to the south, and the water to the north and east is a very safe, wealthy area. If you are primarily concerned about safety, that would be your #1 pick.

Last edited by thorntonm; 02-20-2012 at 10:11 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 04:46 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,222,175 times
Go to apartmentreviews.net to check out apartment complexes.

Hopefully this webpage link will work:

Virginia Beach Apartments for Rent | Virginia Beach Virginia Apartment Reviews and Ratings

Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorntonm View Post
These are three very different areas. Waypoint is on the low end. Brenneman Farms is a fine area..within walking distance of many local business and grocery stores. Doesn't mean something couldn't happen at night walking down Holland or Independence, but I wouldn't be scared of the area or anything.

Marina Shores is a different story. Look on a map, that whole area bordered by Lynnhaven Bay inlet on the west, Laskin Rd. to the south, and the water to the north and east is a very safe, wealthy area. If you are primarily concerned about safety, that would be your #1 pick.
Totally agree on this!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:55 AM

6 posts, read 11,011 times
thanks everyone...are there any other apartments in the marina shores area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area