Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 10:16 PM

9 posts, read 56,004 times

Advertisements

Hi all thanks for taking the time to read! So I've been living in HR for almost 2 years now and believe it or not, I didn't hear about the Patriotic Festival last year! It sounds like a lot of fun and I really want to check it out, but I need some advice. First for anyone that has been in past years, where do you reccommend parking? I usually loathe heading to the oceanfront for that very reason, limited affordable parking so I know this weekend will be heck! I'd really rather not take a shuttle or the bus, any good area's within 5-8 blocks of 16th st? Second, I looked at the official website for information, but need clarification on this... Are the concerts free? I saw where to purchase VIP tickets for Miranda Lambert and the Airshow, but not information about general admission. Do you just show up and hope to get close enough to see/hear something? Ha ha, I know I must sound a little idiotic, but I want to be sure before I head down there! Any and all other hints, tips, info, or suggestions would be highly appreciated! All I plan on taking is a beach towel and a backpack of essentials (water, snack, sunscreen, etc.), so hopefully it won't be too painful of an excursion! Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 06:15 AM

94 posts, read 388,926 times
I don't know about this year, but in the past you did not have to pay to see/hear the concerts. However, you will be far enough away on the beach where you really can't see anything except a stage. But that's not necessarily bad, you can still enjoy the show, it's like being on the grass in the amphitheater.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
pepagirl2000, these links might help with some general information

http://www.city-data.com/forum/24540586-post56.html

This post gives information on the closure of Atlantic Street
http://www.city-data.com/forum/24542329-post58.html

And you should be able to get some parking information from this map
Virginia Beach Parking Map

Just be aware that according to the city, parking at the Oceanfront "will be at premium" which probably translates to "not a very good chance of finding something".

Good luck, and I hope these links help.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:02 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
There sure are a lot of festivals in the area. I'd never heard of this one before. Is it worth coming down to the area to check it out?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
There sure are a lot of festivals in the area. I'd never heard of this one before. Is it worth coming down to the area to check it out?
Actually, I think that festival took place at the Oceanfront this past weekend. Even with the bad weather on Friday it turned out successful. There were lots of people there. The Blue Angels put on an air show each day, there were concerts every evening, the shuttles ran as scheduled. Miranda Lambert was scheduled for Friday, then Steel Pulse played on Saturday night, and Scotty McCreery (I don't know how to spell it correctly) sang on Sunday.

Apparently, this festival was part of the OpSail events. Pretty neat.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,057 times
I took the shuttle from the nearby base. Quick and easy, also free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area