Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,502,244 times

Advertisements

So I noticed on 64W going towards VB there is a big development on the right, I think between Indian River and Greenbrier Parkway. Anyone know what this is? It appears to be an apartment complex and if so it's gonna be mammoth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,502,244 times
bump. no one?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM

275 posts, read 868,798 times
I haven't been over there in a minute, but I'm pretty sure it's apartments. Unless Regent is expanding again.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,055,899 times
Citydweller, I just read this link in another thread. Might this be the property you're referring to?
Developers pitch mixed-use project in Chesapeake | Inside Business

Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Lily, that's a little further up Greenbrier Parkway, but they're heavily developing that area too.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,561,702 times
I drive past there daily on my way to and from work. If it's apartments then the complex is gigantic! I have been wondering about it too.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 AM

6,510 posts, read 8,415,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
So I noticed on 64W going towards VB there is a big development on the right, I think between Indian River and Greenbrier Parkway. Anyone know what this is? It appears to be an apartment complex and if so it's gonna be mammoth.
An apartment complex out in Chesapeake. I thought that was already finished though ...

There's been a lot of this going on in Chesapeake, at least since I've moved to HR back in 2005. Nothing new. In fact, expect to see a lot more of this as more people move into Chesapeake.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,561,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
An apartment complex out in Chesapeake. I thought that was already finished though ...

There's been a lot of this going on in Chesapeake, at least since I've moved to HR back in 2005. Nothing new. In fact, expect to see a lot more of this as more people move into Chesapeake.
No I looked at it yesterday. It does look like it's apartments or condos, but they are just south of Regent. I think they're in VAB. Why they can't just leave some land undeveloped is beyond me. I mean really who wants to buy/rent with a nice view of the interstate? Leave some trees people.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 AM

6,510 posts, read 8,415,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
No I looked at it yesterday. It does look like it's apartments or condos, but they are just south of Regent. I think they're in VAB. Why they can't just leave some land undeveloped is beyond me. I mean really who wants to buy/rent with a nice view of the interstate? Leave some trees people.
Oh this is different what you're talking about. I thought you meant the development next to Greenbrier mall. But you're not going to get undeveloped land, in either city, unless you're looking closer to North Carolina, and I'm not sure how much long that will continue. Plus the goal of Virginia Beach, is to create a continuous urban area throughout the entire city. That is their 50 year plan. Its on the Internet off of their city website, really interesting stuff.

Chesapeake though I'm not sure. Only thing that is certain, is the more urban Virginia Beach becomes, the more people move to Chesapeake. I honestly think that is what is driving Chesapeake's growth. and there is no where else to go from there, maybe Suffolk.

If you want farmland best bet is out in the Southwestern part of Virginia, which is seriously underdeveloped (by our standards in HR). You should be good out there til like, 2150.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Like that area isn't congested enough. Greenbrier in Chesapeake is even worse. I like it there, but I don't miss the traffic on Greenbrier Parkway.

I'm more concerned about the wildlife around there...I believe there's still deer signs on 64 near Indian River and near Regent, and I've seen foxes from time to time. Expect more if they're clearing out land for more apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area