Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 02:52 PM

40 posts, read 132,530 times

Advertisements

Been here 3 years - wife lived here her whole life. Looking at moving to Suffolk (bennetts creek area) and looking for info...

Creekside elementary..? Too new to find any info on the normal school sites - any anecdotal information from board members?

Shopping... I heard the new Bennetts Creek Crossing is not finished... what else is going there? The new ODU center is supposed to have "high-end" shopping.. anyone know any info on that?

Commute into Norfolk... western freeway or 664s to 264e?

People moving into the new communities out there... transplants or locals going further from downtown to get more for their buck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 07:45 PM

177 posts, read 654,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneandlauren07 View Post
Been here 3 years - wife lived here her whole life. Looking at moving to Suffolk (bennetts creek area) and looking for info...

Creekside elementary..? Too new to find any info on the normal school sites - any anecdotal information from board members?

Shopping... I heard the new Bennetts Creek Crossing is not finished... what else is going there? The new ODU center is supposed to have "high-end" shopping.. anyone know any info on that?

People moving into the new communities out there... transplants or locals going further from downtown to get more for their buck?
Creekside - I don't know any info on that yet (I'm sure someone else does and will reply)

Shopping - Supposedly they are going to build that area around the movie theater up like the Town Center in Va Beach + the ODU area + whatever they are building by Walmart (I know one of them is a Kohl's)

Commute into Norfolk - both...check the traffic before you leave to know which one to take

People moving - probably more transplants, but w/a good mix of locals

Old 11-26-2007, 07:30 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,330,751 times
I don't know about the elementary school - but that whole area is really getting built up and most is brand new. It is a nice area with new TH's and SF. The new shopping center has restaurants, grocery (Farm Fresh with a Starbucks), Walgreen's and a bank. Harbourview is right down the street with theatre's and more restaurants as well as a medical facility. Chesapeake Square is about 15 min away.

I would say traffic is not horrible, but as you get nearer to the tunnels it will back up. The good thing is that you have 2 choices for entry into Norfolk. You can go mid town or downtown tunnel.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:05 PM

22 posts, read 150,825 times
Default NE Suffolk

I have been there for 3.5 years and love it. It was simi-rural when I moved in but is starting to be built out. By the walmart is Kohls, office max, and a few others. Sentara is building a imaging and ER facility to compete with Bon Secours's ER in harbourview.

My friends kids are going to Creekside and they really like it. No problems that I heard of.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneandlauren07 View Post

I own a home in Steeplechase, which is right next to bennetts creek. The area is awesome. You don't have to drive anywhere to get what you want. 2 superwalmarts within a mile drive. Food Lion, Farm Fresh, movie theater, drug stores, restaurants, a mall, and nice scenery. My daughter went to Creekside last year and I LOVED it. It was clean and she had a GREAT teacher. 3rd grade-Mrs. Williams.

Last edited by Yac; 01-24-2008 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area