Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 AM

41 posts, read 78,593 times

Advertisements

Zillow, Trulia and callniki.com (full MLS access without having to register)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 09:57 AM

979 posts, read 1,766,588 times
Well, it's officially happening! We've talked to a realtor about our house here in NOVA, and my current employer has agreed to work with me remotely. We're probably looking at listing our home here in the next 3 weeks or so, and our realtor doesn't think we'll have to wait long for a reasonable offer due to the low inventory, so we could be in Va Beach by July/August.

We plan to rent first so we can get a good feel for exactly where we want to be within Virginia Beach. Any input on working with a realtor for finding a rental, or should I just keep checking out properties on Zillow, Trulia, etc., as I have been? The problem will be finding time to view any properties...we'll be down to visit in a couple weeks, but I'm not sure we should bother looking at places until it's closer to time to move. It's been quite a few years since we've rented, and back then, it was apartment complexes, which is different from trying to find a SFH rental.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,490,461 times
Congratulations on your move. Are you working with Redfin up there? I heard they are quite popular up there. They are just opening offices in Hampton Roads. I agree on renting for a year to get a feel for the area. If you are looking for a sfh rental you might check with property management companies. While traffic is a lot less than Nova I would probably find something close to work. If you have further questions just ask.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:26 PM

979 posts, read 1,766,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
Congratulations on your move. Are you working with Redfin up there? I heard they are quite popular up there. They are just opening offices in Hampton Roads. I agree on renting for a year to get a feel for the area. If you are looking for a sfh rental you might check with property management companies. While traffic is a lot less than Nova I would probably find something close to work. If you have further questions just ask.
I have a realtor I know personally who lives in my HOA, so no need to involve Redfin (and pay their extra fees). I'll be working from home, so wherever I live will be where I work, so commute is not an issue

Old 05-21-2014, 11:01 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,490,461 times
Nice. Well, there are plenty of neighborhoods around to choose from. Do you have any idea what part of the city you are looking for? You want to live central or more out in the burbs? Want to be close to retail? What's your budget? I'm not a realtor and don't really know the price of rentals persay but just trying to help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area