U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:19 PM

1,673 posts, read 5,528,194 times

Advertisements

The go-cart place is still there unless they recently closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 10:51 PM

6,271 posts, read 15,512,369 times
My memories are foggy but wasn't there a store there in the 80s that had a play area for kids? I remember when you walked into the store, to the left, there was a place for kids to climb up. Might have been a TV up there, maybe a small slide down? Basically the spot mom told us "ok play here while I shop."

We lived in Norfolk and Portsmouth so we didn't go to Lynnhaven often but that's what I remember. Oh and the carousel.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,364 times
Talking Memories Of Lynnhaven Mall

I moved to VA Beach in November of 1989 when I was 6 years old, so I've seen at least quite a few changes occur in that mall over the years...I remember the Montgomery Wards, The Enigma Water Fountain, The AMC that was up on the 2nd floor, and the old AMC that was an individual building over by Marshall's (eventually turning into a Go-Cart place and now a vacant building) . I also remember BEFORE the parking garage was there haha! I think the coolest thing back in the old days was the record stores that were around back then. there was Record Bar, Camelot Music, Warehouse Music, Blockbuster Music, and There was a mini-store inside of Montgomery Wards Called "Electric Avenue" does anyone else remember that?!

Old 09-03-2014, 01:20 PM

64 posts, read 102,286 times
Random memories: Merry Go Round (clothes store with club type wear), movie theater top left, music store back top center, Lucas Pizza (great Sicilian slices), Leggetts....right now not so happy with the new, downgraded kid's area, no more carousel , and all the annoying vendors.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:24 PM

1,444 posts, read 847,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCG2014 View Post
I moved to VA Beach in November of 1989, so I've seen at least quite a few changes occur in that mall over the years... I think the coolest thing back in the old days was the record stores that were around back then. there was Record Bar, Camelot Music, Warehouse Music, Blockbuster Music, and "Electric Avenue" does anyone else remember that?!
BCG, You have a killer memory.. & you bring up a good point about Lynnhaven's extinct music selection.. I've moved in and out of Hampton Roads over the years, and noticed when I was @ Lynnhaven recently all the music stores were gone. The one upstairs I believe just closed recently (?)

Help me sort out all the music stores you cited.. Which one was upstairs (?), and do u remember there was one right near the entrance of JCPenney's back in the early/mid 90s.. (do u remember the name of that one ?) Also there was Record Exchange out at Lynnhaven North back in the mid 90s. They sold a lot of punk/underground vinyl, etc.. and SunCoast was selling some cds & videos inside the mall circa late 90s.. /good times/

Old 11-17-2014, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,215 times
Anyone remember a store called the Scence at lynnhaven mall upstairs about where that cutlery store used to be.It was a store that had cool clothes and hats, brands like stussy , fresh jive , and fuct

Old 11-18-2014, 06:31 AM

2,810 posts, read 2,807,845 times
Man, I love all these memories, and I remember Camelot music and I went to that AMC theatre many times outside the mall. I don't know if I went in Scence but I had a cool Stussy jacket that I lost and I would like to get one again sometime.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:43 AM

10,239 posts, read 4,123,123 times
Spent many a nights in the old Flipper McCoys that shared the parking lot, as we as at the Photon Gallery down the way. As for the mall itself, wasn't much of a mall-rat there, crappy old Pembroke mall was the meet up spot.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:17 AM

1,444 posts, read 847,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Spent many a nights in the old Flipper McCoys that shared the parking lot... As for the mall itself, wasn't much of a mall-rat there, crappy old Pembroke mall was the meet up spot.
Yeah, I remember the Flippers at the edge of Lynnhaven's parking lot. I think it shared it's building with a Zero's (or Mr. Jim's), some kinda' sub shop right (?) I was over there occasionally in the 90s. Flippers (including the one on Atlantic) was kinda' the ruff riders' arcade

Speaking of Pembroke, remember Space Port (arcade @ the front of the mall). They had a cool, classic '80s exterior, little space ship portholes. Good times.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:39 AM

10,239 posts, read 4,123,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Yeah, I remember the Flippers at the edge of Lynnhaven's parking lot. I think it shared it's building with a Zero's (or Mr. Jim's), some kinda' sub shop right (?) I was over there occasionally in the 90s. Flippers (including the one on Atlantic) was kinda' the ruff riders' arcade

Speaking of Pembroke, remember Space Port (arcade @ the front of the mall). They had a cool, classic '80s exterior, little space ship portholes. Good times.
Spent many a quaters in Spaceport. Then across the hall for a slice of pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area