Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,977,520 times

Advertisements

Schools are great. We have two boys in elementary ourselves. We are a smaller school system only 3 high schools. Some programs may not be quite what you would find in a larger system. James City County just built a new state of the art high school which you can read about here.Welcome to Warhill High School They are building a satellite location of Thomas Nelson Community College Thomas Nelson Community College where Warhill High School students will be able to attend classes while they are in High School. The two campuses are next to each other.

As far as drivers license/ registering your car etc. You can find out everything on this website Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Hope this helps !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 06:14 AM
col

131 posts, read 674,766 times
Thumbs up Thanks so much.....

I really appreciate your answers. It is making it easier on the research.

COl

Old 01-16-2008, 06:14 AM
col

Thumbs up How about real estate, food, shopping and...

Where can I find out about supermarkets, health foods, culture ( besides the obvious) , arts ethnic foods, libraries and other assorted things.

I appreciate all your help. Thank you

Old 01-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Default information about Williamsburg

Local Arts information for Williamsburg Index of Visual and Performing Artists, Museums, Galleries, Studios and Performance Venues--Discover the Arts in Williamsburg, Virginia
Local recommended grocery stores in Williamsburg Ukrops ( there are two) Ukrop's Super Markets
Fresh Market The Fresh Market - Experience the Food! Trader Joes ( will arrive in 12+ months in New Town) Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store
Our local library in Williamsburg ( there are two branches) the one in town has a concert hall The Williamsburg Regional Library, Williamsburg, Virginia |* www.wrl.org
Our chamber of commerce Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance (http://www.williamsburgcc.com/_website/ - broken link)
The officel site for Colonial Williamsburg Colonial Williamsburg Official Site Where History Lives Visitors site for the Williamsburg area VisitWilliamsburg.com :: Welcome The James City County website Welcome to James City County: Working in Partnership with all Citizens
I'll add a few more in a bit.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:46 AM

12 posts, read 38,147 times
I haven't been to Williamsburg in ten years since I moved away. However, since I'm moving back, please tell me specifically where New Town is (street names?) Even though I've been away, I do remember many of the street names of the area.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:03 AM

Default New Town Williamsburg

If you haven't been back in ten years you will hardly recognize parts of Williamsburg. New Town is at the intersection of Ironbound Rd and Monticello Ave. Take Rt 199 off of Interstate 64 then take Monticello Ave exit and go north. Go approx one mile and it's on your left. If you were to continue north on Monticello Richmond Rd is about two miles up.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 AM
col

Exclamation Cost of living versus NYC

In williamsburgh/hampton roads area vs NYC. Less, more, same, hopefully less.

Thx

Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 AM

5/8 to 2/3 the cost
What are you paying for housing in NYC ?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:37 AM
col

Default well

Property taxes aren't that bad especially with the rebates each year I pay about
1200.00 I have a small 2 bed condo I paid 330000 for (over paid) Utilities vary
water bills can be high and I am not getting my moneys worth for my monthly
condo extortion fee.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 AM
col

ANY wegmans supermarkets? near williamsburgh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area