Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:36 PM

66 posts, read 236,967 times

Advertisements

Can anyone reccomend a great restaurant in NN/Yorktown/Hampton for an anniversary dinner? We are thinking maybe the nice little place on yorktown beach...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 05:51 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,688 times
Iy you want to travel to Williamsburg I would suggest The Fat Canary, Blue Talon or Opus 9.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:55 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,051 times
Check out City Center for some restraunts. We ate at Red Star Tavern and it was nice. Kelly's on the opposite side of Jefferson from City Center is supposed to be real nice as well.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:15 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
I have been to Yorktown Beach in a while, but there is a nice restaurant right on the water or....you could try our favorite restaurant over the Coleman Bridge...River's Inn! It is an awesome seafood restaurant. They have the best She-Crab soup...and I don't like soup! Reservations are a must!
Good luck!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:56 AM

798 posts, read 2,727,445 times
The place right on the beach in Yorktown does have good food. For the life of me I can not think of the name though. Another nice place if you like seafood is Bone Fish Grill. I know it is a chain but the food is excellent and the service has always been very good. River's Inn used to be one of our favortes but it has disappointed the last time or two,

Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 10,570 times
Try The Carrot Tree Restaurant on Main Street in Yorktown. It's in the Cole-Digges House, one of the oldest houses in Yorktown, the cooking is fabulous, and the desserts are a local legend. On the waterfront you'll find Nick's Riverwalk restaurantin the new Riverwalk shopping area, which is lovely but a bit pricey. If you aren't into atmosphere, the restaurant in the Duke of York Motel, right across from the beach, serves dinner Wednesday-Sunday and it's a local favorite. Although it's also on the water, I would avoid the Yorktown Pub: smoky and a biker hangout (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 AM

4 posts, read 12,526 times
In Newport News Schlesinger's is a great place to dine. Located in Port Warwick amazing food and a great atmosphere. Al Fresco's is also a great place off of Jefferson not far from Port Warwick. Italian, great food. Both places reservation are a must. Enjoy!

Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 AM

254 posts, read 1,207,284 times
The Yorktown Riverwalk area is always a really great area and I've heard good things about the River's Inn across the bridge. For Newport News, I would strongly recommend Schlesinger's at Port Warwick. Great atmosphere and service, but it's pricey.

In Williamsburg, Opus 9 has good atmosphere and great location but some of the recent servers need to be fired. I'd recommend Trellis, Fat Canary, Blue Talon, or La Yaca (near Busch Gardens). Reservations are usually required at all of these places.

There's several great restaurants throughout Hampton area, especially seafood, but I wouldn't recommend any of them for an anniversary dinner.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM

361 posts, read 1,464,940 times
Schlesinger's and Opus 9 are basically the same restaraunt; owned by the same people. they are both great places though

Old 01-25-2008, 04:04 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,051 times
I forgot to mention our favorite Italian place in Newport News is Luigi's in Newport News past Denbigh Blvd on Warwick Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area