U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,120 times

Advertisements

I Just received a violation notice from ERT with the extra $25 fine (admin fee) attached to it, the problem is I never received the initial or first bill. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has had any resolution from ERT for something similar. I do not have an EZ pass this was a pay by plate bill.

I just looked at their website and they talk about late billing if this is the case do I still pay the extra $25.00 and wait for a refund check? And of course they never answer the phone..

https://www.driveert.com/wp-content/...ease_FINAL.pdf

Any input would be appreciated.

Jurz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 7,120 times
Apparently there is a problem I went to there office and they entered a dispute for me in their system and only charged me the original tolls and not the admin charge.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 PM

2,812 posts, read 2,811,265 times
Jurz,
I am in South Carolina and received the same exact thing! I disputed it and never heard a thing. I received a ticket before and paid it quickly (even though it is a scam, especially to visitors!)
This time I recieved another ticket saying I owe the $25 fine and I never got a ticket before that! I hope to hear from them. I called and nobody answers. If they don't contact me I will just forget about it. I know they wont extradite me from SC for their silly toll. If I come back I will just stay off the damn 264 tunnel.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:20 PM

5,120 posts, read 12,734,224 times
I read somewhere where they have been having MAJOR issues with tolls there.....yikes!

Old 03-16-2015, 12:57 PM

136 posts, read 354,806 times
There have been MANY problems with tolls if you don't have an EZPass. WAVY-10 did a series of reports this last month.
ERC responds to complaints about toll violation notices | WAVY-TV

(Yup, Andy Fox is reporting, so you know it's SERIOUS!) ;-)

Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 AM

2,812 posts, read 2,811,265 times
I finally got through to Elizabeth River tunnels in Portsmouth, and they straightened my bill out for me. I payed $2.50 over the phone and I'm done with it. My bill actually said like $37.00 with Admin fees and another fee for not paying. But, I wrote them back in February and they were able to look it up. The lady waived all my fees and I just payed $2.50 and am clear. My ticket was for back in December 2014 on holiday break!

Old 07-13-2016, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,236 times
This is a total SCAM, you never receive the initial notice. The fee's are astronomical, the customer service is no help, sometimes trying to pay online does not work. Three invoices that I never received, have now gone to collections according to Elizabeth River tolls, but the collection company has no record of it.
To all our elected officials, you have to do something about this, it's a scam, there are thousands of complaints, fix it.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:14 PM

331 posts, read 214,175 times
I know about the troubles of paying online. I've been through the tunnel once, and only once. Got the bill for $3.75. Paid it, the money came out of my account, but my balance with ERT still showed as $3.75. I called and they said they never got payment. About a week later, the money was back in my bank account and I called to make the payment. But they sure didn't make the process easy.

Of course, they don't really have any incentive to provide good customer service. Bob McTollbooth guaranteed ERT a hefty profit, whether people drive through the tunnel or not. It just gets paid out of our tax money if ERT doesn't make enough.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:16 AM

5,580 posts, read 5,373,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurz View Post
I Just received a violation notice from ERT with the extra $25 fine (admin fee) attached to it, the problem is I never received the initial or first bill. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has had any resolution from ERT for something similar. I do not have an EZ pass this was a pay by plate bill.

I just looked at their website and they talk about late billing if this is the case do I still pay the extra $25.00 and wait for a refund check? And of course they never answer the phone..

https://www.driveert.com/wp-content/...ease_FINAL.pdf

Jurz
I just finished paying them $110. I did get other bills from them, going back to when I initially owed $16. Talk to them on the phone; I sent them a money order for $15 which was never credited to my account. If you let it go on for long enough they'll threaten to put a hold on your vehicle registration, which you'll have to pay $50 to get removed (and prove to the DMV; now if you think you're on hold now try calling Richmond and see how well that works out for you).

Plate by bill is the worst. You think it is cheap, until it isn't.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 90 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurz View Post

[url]https://www.driveert.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/09292014_TollRefundrelease_FINAL.pdf[/url]

Jurz
My daughter lives in Virginia Beach. Never received a bill for tolls. It was sent to an old address in Ohio, then sent to South Carolina address (mine). She called and gave her VB address, filed a dispute and never heard back! They then sent another bill to my SC address for $225!!! She finally just paid it before it went any higher!! Has yet to hear back from them!! Total rip off!😡😡
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or