U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,074 times
Default Relocating to Virgina Beach?

I found a nice job there so im relocating from Miami, Florida to Virginia Beach, VA....I would like to live near my job that is directly across from Lynnhaven Mall is that a Ghetto Area? The most im willing to commute is 10-15 mins price range around 800-900/ month.

I love Ghent Area but that is abit far from my job and i am scared that if my car breaks down I wont be able to know the bus routes to and from work

Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 AM

24 posts, read 154,002 times
Default Places to live

I love the Great Neck area. It is about a 10-15 minute drive to Lynnhaven Mall and definitely NOT a ghetto area. It is one of the nicest areas in VB. Only about a 5-10 minute drive to the beach and close to wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, and stores on Great Neck Road, Shore Drive, Laskin Road, and the Oceanfront. It is a much nicer area than Lynnahaven is but still very close by and you don't have to get on the highway. Take Great Neck Road to Potters Road (take a right) and then left on Lynnhaven Parkway. It is a more expensive area to live, but you can find reasonably priced condos and townhouses if you look in the right spots. Check craigslist.org or some of the realtor websites also list rentals. Look in the Virginian Pilot newspaper, as well. I think the Great Neck area is very centrally located to the best parts of the beach. You can still drive down I-264 to Ghent on the weekends to go out, but there are plenty of fabulous restaurants and some fun pubs and places to hear live music at the beach, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area