Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 AM

6 posts, read 25,564 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've searched the forum but haven't found what I'm looking for just yet. Hoping someone could assist me! I am moving to the Virginia Beach area from Massachusetts and need to find a preschool for my three year old son preferably for two or three days a week, for September. Can anyone recommend some for me that would be in the area? I would appreciate any information you could give!

Thank you~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 AM

98 posts, read 784,270 times
Where in VA beach will you be living, that may help us give you schools somewhat near your residence/on your way to work.......

Have we recruited another Sox fan down here????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:56 AM

260 posts, read 1,191,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medford View Post
Hi,

I've searched the forum but haven't found what I'm looking for just yet. Hoping someone could assist me! I am moving to the Virginia Beach area from Massachusetts and need to find a preschool for my three year old son preferably for two or three days a week, for September. Can anyone recommend some for me that would be in the area? I would appreciate any information you could give!

Thank you~

Hey welcome to va beach!!

I'm originally from MA (Natick).

I'm not sure where you'll be living but I have a 4 yr old who I send to a Methodist Pre-School. I love it and so does she. She gets up in the morning dancing and can't wait to go to school to see her teacher and the kids.

They do music, chapel, crafts, playing all kinds of neat projects they bring home.

There phone number is: 757-689-0315. There near the courthouse area in Va Bch.

Good luck and if you need any further advice let me know.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 PM

Thats the thing, we haven't gotten to the where we will be living part yet. Someone told me the Kempsville area is good one. I'd like to move to an area where there are good schools!

And yes, more Red Sox fans! We hope we're welcome!

Thanks for the info!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darzz1 View Post
Hey welcome to va beach!!

I'm originally from MA (Natick).

I'm not sure where you'll be living but I have a 4 yr old who I send to a Methodist Pre-School. I love it and so does she. She gets up in the morning dancing and can't wait to go to school to see her teacher and the kids.

They do music, chapel, crafts, playing all kinds of neat projects they bring home.

There phone number is: 757-689-0315. There near the courthouse area in Va Bch.

Good luck and if you need any further advice let me know.

I saw your post and had to jump in. I was wondering exactly where this school is. I am moving to VA beach from NY (in the Lago Mar area) and was wondering how far this preschool is from there. I know the Courthouse area a little b/c we looked at homes in Courtyard Estates...is it near that? Any info would be helpful!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:28 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolny555 View Post
I saw your post and had to jump in. I was wondering exactly where this school is. I am moving to VA beach from NY (in the Lago Mar area) and was wondering how far this preschool is from there. I know the Courthouse area a little b/c we looked at homes in Courtyard Estates...is it near that? Any info would be helpful!

Welcome to Va Beach , hope you'll like it here.

Lago Mar is a really nice area and I'm sure you'll love it there.

The Pre-School I'm talking about is on Princess Anne Rd... almost caddy corner from the new shopping ctr w/Harris Teeter down in the courthouse area. You can access there website @ Courthouse Christian Preschool & Kindergarten, Virginia Beach, VA (http://www.gbgm-umc.org/courthouse - broken link)
I[m not sure exact distance from lago Mar - maybe 15 minutes.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:35 AM

62 posts, read 233,876 times
If you move to the great neck area, there is All Saints near the lynnhaven bridge just off Great Neck Rd. You'd also be in the John B. Dey Elem, Grt Nk Middle and Cox HS districts. Great area!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:51 PM

17 posts, read 106,887 times
We live in the Great Neck area, in Cox, Lynnhaven Middle, and Trantwood Elementary district, and we love this area. The church we attend has a wonderful preschool with a very strong community reputation. London Bridge Preschool. I have not sent my kids there yet, my youngest will start next year, but of all I have heard, the elementary schools that these kids go on to love to hear they are from London Bridge. The very best of luck with your move, and please let me know if I can answer any questions or be of help.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:12 PM

98 posts, read 784,270 times
The Manor schools are excellent, there are quite a few of them in/around VB and Chesapeake. manorsplash

Church of the Holy Family in Great Neck (2.5 yrs to Kindergarten). (Catholic) Church of the Holy Family (http://www.holyfamilyvb.org/page/dayschool/index.html - broken link)

St. Matthews (catholic) in VB (close to Chesapeake as well) Age 3-5. 2,3,5 days a week 1/2 day and full.
St. Matthew's Home (http://www.smsvb.net/school/index.html - broken link)

Prince of Peace Lutheran. In the Little Neck area/Kings Grant.Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Virginia Beach

Of course i have to plug my son's school, though it starts at age 4 so that is not what you need at this time
St. Gregory the Great School

There are many preschools associated with Churches, which just depends if that is what you want or not. There are also many private ones as well.

Kempsville is fine, though I would suggest looking for a house in either Great Neck or Little Neck. You'll be closer to the beach, better shopping and good public schools. There are also good private schools that wouldn't be too far from those areas. Homes in these two areas typically start at 400K and up for a "decent" one, but there are some less than that, and many 500K and up. Just depends on your budget!!!!

You'll see plenty of Sox fans!! I myself am one, have the vanity plate and all the magnets I can find saying RED SOX!!!! Lots of us down here!!!

When are you moving here? Some places fill up fast, others will have spots through summer.

Good luck and let us know if you have more questions!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 AM

What great info! Thank you all so much. I'll be heading down to visit in a few weeks and it looks like we'll be there in May. Very exciting and scary at the same time! Thank you again for your suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area