Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2016, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 9,591 times

Advertisements

Long story short, my credit has been damaged pretty severely due to separation/divorce I am going through. I have been totally honest and upfront with any apartment personnel I have spoken with and it always seems to be the same thing...my credit will decline the application and I will be unable to rent from that property. I have never been evicted and I have a stable job which I make more than the three times the rent clause with any apartment I have tried to rent. Has anyone been successful with any apartment complexes in the area? (Chesapeake, Suffolk, VA Beach etc.) I am able to provide proof of my income and also proof that I have been paying the mortgage to the marital home I currently reside in for the past 6 months. Really tired of this credit roadblock and hoping someone has an answer as to where to apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 05:45 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,446 times
Emerald Point maybe?

Old 04-19-2016, 08:48 AM

201 posts, read 194,959 times
Default maybe look a different way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigga1432 View Post
Long story short, my credit has been damaged pretty severely due to separation/divorce I am going through. I have been totally honest and upfront with any apartment personnel I have spoken with and it always seems to be the same thing...my credit will decline the application and I will be unable to rent from that property. I have never been evicted and I have a stable job which I make more than the three times the rent clause with any apartment I have tried to rent. Has anyone been successful with any apartment complexes in the area? (Chesapeake, Suffolk, VA Beach etc.) I am able to provide proof of my income and also proof that I have been paying the mortgage to the marital home I currently reside in for the past 6 months. Really tired of this credit roadblock and hoping someone has an answer as to where to apply.
tiga1432,
You don't sound like someone that should have to settle. My concern is that a place that will take anyone might not be suitable. I think you might have better luck dealing directly with an owner rather than a corporation. I know in other states people I knew offered a larger security deposit or something like that and were allowed in to "regular" apartment complexes even with a few credit dings.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernGator View Post
tiga1432,
You don't sound like someone that should have to settle. My concern is that a place that will take anyone might not be suitable. I think you might have better luck dealing directly with an owner rather than a corporation. I know in other states people I knew offered a larger security deposit or something like that and were allowed in to "regular" apartment complexes even with a few credit dings.
Found a few properties that might possibly take a cosigner with my application in Vriginia Beach. I was hoping I could just do this on my own. I really do not want to live all the way out in Va Beach since I work in NC and the commute would be fairly long. I was hoping to find something in Chesapeake if possible even with having to use a cosigner....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area