Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 AM

260 posts, read 1,190,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusadermom View Post
If you want to go to the best salon. Go to Shear Trendz. Ryane is awesome!! Great cuts and color. 457-0043. All the girls are great. I have been to several upscale salons that are overpriced for what you get and with horrible customer service. You will love Shear Trendz.

Well,, I attempted to give this Salon a try and didn't work out. I made my appt in advance and coulldn't find the place. So.. I called to get better directions (there hard to reach on phone.. some strange voice mail message) anyways.. finally got thru and they gave me directions and then told me they don't take credit cards. Sooo,, drove all the way back home and got my checkbook. I got to the appt early , walked in and there were 2 stylists in the shop. The one (maybe Ryane, not sure) was coloring somebodys hair. Well,, I walked in and went to that little desk thinking I needed to check in and neither of the 2 stylists - who clearly saw me, never came over or even
picked there head up to say hello. So I though.. o.k. guess I'll just sit here and wait. So.. got up a few times grabbed some mags and now my appt time has gone by about 10 min.. so I just stood up looked around and the other sylist was all stretched out in a chair ,, chatting on her cell and looking at mags. At that point.. I was like screw it. I'm NOT going to spend anywhere from
$60-$70 doillars to get my hair colored etc. when I can't even be acknowledged or just have someone say.. hey we'll be right with you.
I work to hard for my money to give it to people that clearly in my opinion
could care less.

Talk about Un-friendly !

I'm glad you've had a good experience there. Plz,, no heart feelings here just
wanted to warn anymore new customers how might think of going there.

Guess I'll start again and maybe try one of these other stylists people
have recommended.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 AM

98 posts, read 784,145 times
I am glad you updated us!! I feel bad for you that the place you went was unfriendly, how disappointing! I hope you can find a better place soon

I recommended WINK salon, though I am trying a new salon myself this weekend. Spa Phoenix. The person at wink gave me a great cut, one of the best ever, I just didn't "click" with her- she is older and I had nothing in common with her. I like to get the whole experience out of having my hair done- chatting, the color, the cut, the style. KWIM??? So, WINK is great and I will update this forum on my first hair adventure at Spa Phoenix!!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 AM

13 posts, read 42,519 times
Thumbs up Great Salon and not far from General Booth!

I go to Entourage on Norfolk Ave in Virginia Beach. It is near Rudee Inlet area and the oceanfront. The lady's name is Crystal and I find her to be awesome, down to earth and reasonable. She does mine and my two daughters hair. Good Luck!

Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 PM

162 posts, read 801,503 times
This is great info! I live nearby as well and have been going to Great Clips since moving here in 2005. I love the girl who cuts my hair there, though. She doesn't do any coloring or eyebrow waxing, though, so I need a full service salon that does "the extras."

If you need a basic cut, though, Arlette at the Great Clips in the General Booth shopping center is the way to go. She's always got people requesting her. Plus she is super nice!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,949 times
Go to Fashion Hair & Nails on Holland Road. Linda and her group is awesome.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 PM

260 posts, read 1,190,901 times
Default I found a decent sylist

Well after having some fiasco's just trying to find a good sylist I finally had a positive experience.

I got my hair highlighted/low-lighted (which I had never hear of) at
Lynnhaven Mall at Trade Secret by Dee. She did a really good job and
wasn't working on 2-3 people at the same time.

I thought it was pricey $85.00 - w/NO haircut. I haven't had been a long
time so maybe that's a decent deal, not sure.

ANways.. good experience and worth mentioning.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:14 PM

Not a bad price, though Linda and Rachelle at Hair Fashion are great stylists, I paid 65 with a cut for highlights. Sumatra salon at town center on virginia beach blvd. is another place you may try. Quite hip, but a bit pricy if you ask me. My friend goes there religiously and uses Trisha as her stylist.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 AM

6 posts, read 22,821 times
this is good information to know. if anyone has anymore updates
i'd love to hear them! i usually go to the hair cuttery
on republic drive off of laskin road. highlights and a cut were $90+
last time! seemed pricey to me for the hair cuttery.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 AM

Yes Van, I agree. They don't do great waxing jobs either, that's what made me change stylists. I think any place that is a franchise tends to go over-board on their pricing.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:28 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,839 times
Starting to feel like I overpay...a lot!!! My hair salon is out in Richmond and I spend anywhere from $250 to $300-if I buy product! Anyone know someone descent towards Williamsburg??? Would prefer not to drive past Hampton.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area