U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 01:17 PM

20,835 posts, read 28,543,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick and tired of this View Post
hope your not talking about the same Micheal's Woods ...in Newport News...
Never heard of it, might be for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 10:01 AM

4,785 posts, read 4,413,712 times
Fort Monroe was never in the best part of Hampton. Take that as you will; as already pointed things might be great inside of the complex but in and around it could be sketchy.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 1,054 times
I can't speak to Fort Monroe other than it's a cute area to visit. I did notice you were asking about Montessori. My kids (9 and 11) have been raised in Montessori their whole lives. Our 1-year old will be entering The International Montessori School here in town in September. I've visited and know it is a true Montessori environment. If you are considering this school, do not delay applying. They always have a wait list. Good luck

Old 03-24-2017, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 210 times
So I lived in Fort Monroe from 2012 to 2014. It's a pretty cool place to live. Quiet, white-collar, family oriented. I don't think anywhere else in Hampton comes close to quality of life.
Phoebus and Hampton in general aren't great but Fort Monroe is pretty awesome.
We lived in waterfront town home. I watched the ships come and go from around the world. The sunsets and sunrises were pretty. I would ride my bike around in the fort at night. Creepy.
If I were going to live in Hampton Roads again, I don't think there is anywhere else I would want to live.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,264 times
Ft. Monroe is a beautiful spot with quaint historic architecture and now a micro-brewer, great beaches and a good restaurant (Deadrise). I Was stationed there when it was active Army in the 90s and I'm getting ready to retire to the area soon. I feel a lot of area natives sell
That part of Hampton short. Phoebus is on its way up with a great performing arts venue in the American theater and a vastly improving Main Street area (Mellen St.) that includes some great bars and restaurants with more on the way. There is lots of new construction of beach type homes up the road in Buckroe. Add to that Queen St. and the Marina area of downtown Hampton, where Hilton is about to renovate the hotel, and picturesque Chesapeake Ave and I'd say the waterfront areas of Hampton, long greatly under appreciated, are poised to boom. If this area existed in the Philadelphia region where I now live, located as it is all on beautiful water front areas, people would be snapping up all the cheap vintage frame houses to renovate already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area