Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 12:14 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,077,947 times

Advertisements

I forgot the hours, 11 am to 12 pm. Families welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 12:16 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,077,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobie View Post
The Festival sounds like fun, but I hate going into that part of Virginia Beach. Parking is about as scarce as road space on check day. Got any advice on where to park? Or is it just me being a newb again and not have any ideal where to go? lol
let me find out. I am assuming the parking garage right across the street will offer the normal locals discount, but I am not sure. Another good alternative, one is use alot is to use the wave shuttle.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 PM

254 posts, read 1,207,199 times
FYI on military day at the Virginia Zoo this weekend:

The USO of Hampton Roads and the Virginia Zoo (located at 3500 Granby St. Norfolk, VA 23504) are proud to offer free admission at the Zoo to military members and their families on Sunday, Oct. 5, 2008. The event is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

It's a day of fun and relaxation for military families and includes free children's games, entertainment, inflatable rides, military demonstrations and, of course, all the Zoo exhibits.

Free admission with proper ID for active duty, retired military, DoD civilians, Reserve/Guard members and immediate family members. For more information about the USO of Hampton Roads Military Appreciation Day at the Zoo please call 757.788.4984 or visit our website at USO of Hampton Roads.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:26 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times
Alright, I'm trying to make time for this! Then, back to work...

Alright, this weekend, check out J. Medicine Hat over at the Funny Bone Comedy Club in Virginia Beach. This master hypnotist is amazing and hysterical to watch. All shows are 21+... except for the Teen show this Saturday at 2pm. This show is only 12+

Or, for a different type of humor, check out Lisa Lampanelli over at Chrysler Hall this Saturday. 8pm is the show time!

Saturday, starting at 9am at the Extreme Outfitters in Virginia Beach, check out the 3rd Annual Chili Cook Off. Benefits go to the Wounded Warrior Project.

If you are Wine Crazy like the rest of Hampton Roads (seriously, there are too many Wine-o Events) head over to River Walk Landing in Yorktown between 11am and 6pm on Saturday. Wine, Wine, Wine, Wine! Maybe they will have cheese?

This Saturday, make sure to bring your heart to the Fall in Love with Virginia Market. This event is happening in Suffolk at the Shoppes on the Village Green. Live music, great food! Be there between 10am and 4pm.

Bring your furry buddy over to the Chesapeake City Park this Saturday for the Bark in the Park~! Starting at noon and ending at 5, make sure to enter your buddy into the costume contest or clean him up at the Dirty Doggie Wash.

As for Kuharai, I'll be preparing for Nekocon. MUAHAHHA! I still have several costumes and props to make....

Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 AM

I'll be out of town on Saturday, but there will probably be lots of folks for and against him at this event:

--U.S. Sen. Barack Obama will hold a "Change We Need" rally Saturday at Victory Landing Park. It's Obama's sixth trip to the commonwealth since the end of the primary campaign.

In Newport News, he will lay out his plans to jump start the economy, create good-paying jobs, and cut taxes for Virginia's middle class families.

This event is free and open to the public, though an RSVP is encouraged. To RSVP, please visit Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | A Rally With Barack Obama in Newport News, VA

Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 PM

1,477 posts, read 6,015,934 times
A number of events are happening this weekend but the one I will be at is homearama

Old 10-04-2008, 05:16 PM

18 posts, read 80,295 times
Hey do not forget thr Fall Festival in Newport News Park this weekend.... great food, crafts......the works

Old 10-07-2008, 08:58 AM

FYI on McCain and Palin at the VB Convention Center next week:

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008 (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Calendar/Detail.aspx?guid=cb948eff-6195-438b-a19e-311454d30d16 - broken link)

What: Road to Victory Rally: Monday October 13th in Virginia Beach, VA with John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin
When: October 13, 2008 Starts at 10:00 a.m.
Where: The Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19th Street
Virginia Beach, VA23451

Old 10-07-2008, 09:30 AM

Italian festival in Williamsburg this Saturday & Sunday. I went last year - great wine tasting, food, and some folks showing off their Ferraris
Website: Activities (http://www.ciaowilliamsburg.org/Festival%202008.htm - broken link)

Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times
Alright, I've been really busy at work. Sorry I didn't get this up sooner. Everything basically exploded at work, and I'm the fallout girl. *sigh* Also, I'm trying to get everything done for Nekocon (November 7-9). Talk about having no time for research.

OKAY!

Two Ongoing Halloween Events:

Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens is going on until October 26. Don't ask me why they're not using Friday the 31st, but they aren't.

Hunt Club Farms in Virginia Beach is having their Halloween thing. I love the Haunted Hay Ride.

Okay, now for THIS WEEKEND!!

This weekend, we've got the Suffolk Peanut Festival at the Suffolk Executive Airport on Airport Road. Admission is free, but there is a parking charge. So make sure your friends have no peanut allergies, and head over to get some fresh Hampton Roads Peanuts!!! ((This apparently is an event of Fleet Week, as well))

It's that time of the year again... FLEET WEEK! Check out the list of events going on dedicated to honoring the bond between Military and Civilian life.

Head over to the Virginia Living Museum this Saturday between 7 and 11pm for the Hampton Roads Magazine Sensational Singles Party. You could even win a date with your favorite single in the auction!

This Saturday between 1-5pm, head over to the Ballentine Bark Park in Norfolk for Barktoberfest. Watch demonstrations by the Norfolk K-9 Unit, see a pooch parade, enjoy the costume contest, and more. The SPCA will also be there with adoptable fur babies.

If you've got children, head over to Town Point Park this Saturday between 10am and 3pm for the 20th Annual AT&T Virginia Children’s Festival (http://www.festeventsva.org/events.php?event=115 - broken link). Talk about four hours of plentiful activities for parents and children alike!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area