Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 01:07 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times

Advertisements

Thursday at 6 at Church of the Acension. Bring a dish and drink to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Sorry for not keeping this up-to-date, I'll be trying just a tad harder to maintain this.

As for this weekend, the religious institutions have really gotten into the swing of the holiday season. This being said, I don't really like to post events done at religious institutions as the point of this thread is to discuss events that *all* locals and tourists can enjoy. I will not be trying to *hide* holiday events, I'm just not posting the ones done at churches and such. If you are looking for something religiously based, send me a DM and I can give you a list of places, times, etc.

This week at the Chrysler Hall, check out the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy production. Sprouting forth amazing feats are mind-blowing performers gathered from all corners of the world. Watch them flip, bend, fly, twirl, and do almost everything imaginable before your very eyes. It's a spectacular show~! They will be here from December 10-14.

This Friday at 5pm, the Princess Anne High School Wind Ensemble will be putting on a free performance at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. They have prepared a challenging arrangement of music literature to dazzle the audience and to demonstrate their teamwork and performance aptitudes to the fullest.

The Sugar Plum Bakery will be having an Eat and Greet Breakfast with Santa this Saturday from 8-10am. Try their arrangement of Holiday goodies include: gingerbread, rum cordials, yule logs, sugar cookies, tuxedo cakes, pastries, pies, and more. ((I love their treats!))

Head over to the Ferry Plantation in Virginia Beach for the Christmas Hayride. This Saturday between 1-3pm, enjoy the sites and sounds of Christmas on a hayride. Snacks and Cider, too!

Back by demand (and force?), this Saturday at 7pm, be at the Roper Performing Arts Center for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 AM

Tonight at the Funny Bone Comedy Club in Virginia Beach - be there by 8pm for the Tommy and Rumble Christmas Wish Fund Show! All proceeds from ticket sales go towards helping Tommy and Rumble of FM99 fulfill wishes. I am sad that I won't be able to attend as the show is extremely hysterical.

The FM99 Christmas Wish Fund is a remarkable charity that is held each year at this time. Basically, people make wishes for themselves or others that are down on their luck. The wishes get reviewed, and many get granted.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 AM

I forgot to mention a major charity for this time of year. Toys for Tots. For those who've never heard of Toys for Tots, it is a charity event hosted by the Marines to help all kids get Christmas Presents no matter what their situation is. Bring unwrapped toys, books, and plushies to your local Toys R Us, KB Toys, or the Disney Store in Lynnhaven Mall.

Tomorrow is the 14th Annual Toys for Tots Benefit Concert featuring Troy Hedspeth. From 7-9 p.m. Dec. 19 at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, listen to this local singer perform everything from Christmas music to Garth Brooks and even duets with his wife, Jessica Hedspeth. Admission price is one unwrapped toy per person for Toys for Tots.

And of course, no Christmas can go by without The Nutcracker. On Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, head over to the Harrison Opera House in Norfolk to see the beautiful ballet performance.

But what if everything you knew about Christmas was a lie? Oh wait. That's the title of a popular comedy performed at The Venue on 35th. Is it even a venue? Are they even on 35th? Why yes, they are! All this weekend, head over to The Venue on 35th in Newport News for the comeback of "What if Everything you Knew About Christmas was a Lie?" This comical performance will have you laughing 'till your sides hurt!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to make a post about it so that everybody is on the same page. After discussing the matter, we have been asked not to post Charity Events as we cannot verify the legitimacy of every single one posted. This includes all types of charity.

What's done is done up 'till now. However, I will ask that if anybody wants to post an event to not post any charity ones. Thank you for your understanding in the matter.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:50 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,977,007 times
If you can handle a New Years eve without alcohol come to Williamsburg for First Night First Night Williamsburg 2009 Home page $12 person in advance. 65+ performing acts..

First Night is a non-alcoholic fun event for singles, couples and families! More than 60 different acts, including singers, dancers, instrumentalists, magicians, storytellers, puppeteers, jugglers, clowns, ballet, bands, and more, all indoors on 41 stages in 24 of historic Williamsburg’s most beautiful buildings. Performances run mainly through 11:45 p.m. There’s something for everyone!
Stay for the countdown and midnight fireworks extravaganza best viewed from Zable Stadium.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,305 times
Default Reptile Show February 2nd

Check out [URL="http://www.jbsrattles.com"]www.jbsrattles.com[/URL] for information on a Live Venomous & Non Venomous Reptile Show.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 AM

254 posts, read 1,207,540 times
The Hampton Roads International Road Show is at the VA Beach convention center this weekend 9-11 Jan. Tickets are $8 for adults but you can get discounts for military and I think there's an online coupon.
Meetings & Conventions :: Event Calendar

Has anyone been to these events in previous years? My father in law is interested in the Lexus and some of the other brand sedan models.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,451,995 times
2009 Tidewater Recreational Vehicle Show
28th Annual Recreational Vehicle Show Event Times: 1/16/09 12:00pm-8:00pm, 1/17/09 10:00am-8:00pm, 1/18/09 11:00am-5:00pm Admission: $8 Adults, $3 Children 12 & under, 2 & under Free

This is a fun event to go to!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,931,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMELIFER View Post
The Hampton Roads International Road Show is at the VA Beach convention center this weekend 9-11 Jan. Tickets are $8 for adults but you can get discounts for military and I think there's an online coupon.
Meetings & Conventions :: Event Calendar

Has anyone been to these events in previous years? My father in law is interested in the Lexus and some of the other brand sedan models.
I missed it!?! I completely forgot about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area