Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times

Advertisements

Would you believe me if I said that it still felt like Wednesday? Sorry for losing track of days again. They just come and go, come and go...

It's that time of year again. It's the ODU Anime Minicon! From 6pm Friday (tonight....) until Saturday at 10pm, the ODU Webb Center will be ablaze with fun! Watch anime, play games, join the tourneys... and even check out the Host Cafe on Saturday.

All teenagers are invited to attend the 2009 Teen Summit at The Royal Courtyard in Virginia Beach (near Loehmann's Plaza off of the boulevard) on Saturday between 10am and 4pm. The subject of discussion is teen violence and its effects on individuals and the community at large.

For an event the entire family can enjoy, head over to Mill Point Park in Hampton this Saturday for the International Children's Festival. With over 30 different "countries" to discover, this is sure to be an exciting little event that runs from 10am to 5pm. There will be something for everyone to enjoy. Word has it that if your child(ren) visit all the "countries" and get a stamp from each one - his or her name will be put into a drawing for a family four pack to Busch Gardens! Admission is 100% free!

Another fun thing to do Saturday would be to check out the Corvettes at Waterside. With free admission to look at and marvel at the 120 Chevrolet beauties, there will also be a silent auction! The show starts at 9am.

For those who will be at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, take a chance with the 2009 Oceanfront Spring Crawl - a tour of Ten Bars that are located on the strip. Starting from 4pm and lasting until 9pm, meet at the 15th Street Raw Bar to register! Must be 21 or older to participate!!!

Just remember that Saturday is Velociraptor Awareness Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 PM

12 posts, read 24,480 times
Red face Thanks so much for the Weekend Tips

Hi Rita: I'm new to this board and appreciate all the great info you provided. The old saying still holds "seek and ye shall find". Thank God for the Internet otherwise I'd have some dreary weekend at home with the dustballs!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 AM

254 posts, read 1,207,751 times
The Air Power of Hampton airshow at Langley begins tonight through Sunday. Usually a lot of great fly overs and displays on the airfield.

Airpower Over Hampton Roads - 2009 Langley Air Show

Old 04-24-2009, 10:47 AM

1,700 posts, read 5,932,277 times
The car show at Haygood Shopping Center in Virginia Beach usually goes on every Saturday. Last weekend had a big turnout since it was so nice out, so if this weekend's nice too I'm sure it'll be a pretty good show. It's usually older muscle cars, but some newer cars (and every now and then and exotic will show up) participate too. There's not really a set time (that I know of), but usually I go between 4pm and 6pm. It's at the corner of Independence and Haygood about a mile from Town Center for those unfamiliar with the area.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Well, this weekend is one to raise a pint to. After all, it's the 8th Annual Beer Festival over at the Elizabeth River Pavilion and Pier, next to Nauticus on Waterside Drive in Norfolk. Saturday and Sunday from 2-6pm, enjoy tasting all sorts of beer.

This weekend, head over to the Hampton Coliseum for Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey: Zing Zang Zoom! What a show to behold, with all sorts of magics and mysticism to blow your mind.

Head over to the Fred Heutte Center in Norfolk for the Sensational Spring Arts and Craft Show - 28th Annual Herb Show. With all sorts of beautiful crafts to look at and purchase, it's sure to be a collector's dream!

((Sorry this is small, I've not much time to do anything this week as my water heater exploded like a volcano of hot water and flooded me out!))

Old 04-24-2009, 03:07 PM

The "Book Exchange" at Wards Corner in Norfolk is having a book sale this Saturday from 9-5.

Paperbacks/Children's Books= $0.50
Hardcovers/CDs/VHS & DVDs= $1

More Info:
Book Sale | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com (http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/book-sale-charity - broken link)

Book Exchange:
Winner 2008- Best Used Bookstore!

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 04-24-2009 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: See DM

Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 AM

12 posts, read 24,480 times
Smile Thanks for Great Tip on Book Sale

Thanks so much for this info. I have a project coming up and need some books on the cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
The "Book Exchange" at Wards Corner in Norfolk is having a book sale this Saturday from 9-5.

Paperbacks/Children's Books= $0.50
Hardcovers/CDs/VHS & DVDs= $1

More Info:
Book Sale | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com (http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/book-sale-charity - broken link)

Book Exchange:
Winner 2008- Best Used Bookstore!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:05 PM

254 posts, read 1,207,751 times
Has anyone been to these Saturday Summer Street events in Downtown Hampton? I'm not sure if they close the street or if it's just in the bars there near Marker 20.

Virginia Air & Space Center

Old 06-04-2009, 02:55 PM

Rob Dyrdek, professional skateboarder and star of MTV's "Fantasy Factory", will be in Virginia Beach this weekend (6/6/09). He's doing autograph signings at Macy's in Lynnhaven Mall Saturday morning, and at Coastal Edge at the Oceanfront that afternoon.

Rob Dyrdek Across the US Beginning This Weekend! - Skateboard.com

Latin Fest is also this weekend at the Oceanfront:
http://hamptonroads.com/2009/06/fire...ekend-festival

The American Indian Fest is going too, but in Chesapeake:
http://hamptonroads.com/2009/05/13th-annual-american-indian-festival (broken link)

Old 06-05-2009, 08:35 AM

The Blackbeard Pirate Festival is this weekend over in Hampton! ARGGHH MATEY! Going ten years strong!

Or, eat as many hotdogs as possible at the 7th Annual Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest at the MacArthur Center. 1pm is the time!

((Sorry again for my not keeping up with this.. I really fail.))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area