U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 AM

32 posts, read 86,241 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember a while back when Paul Capaccio (not sure if spelled right) murdered his mom? That was my cousin and my aunt. What was everyones opinion on this?

Frankly i'm glad the bastard is in prison. Bad thing is, his dad was sending him money and was there to back him in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 03:07 PM

3,508 posts, read 11,897,828 times
Parents do crazy things about backing their kids during trials and prison sentences. As far as the murder, there are so many each year. Do you have a link to the article?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:12 PM

12 posts, read 40,177 times
ARTICLE: Beach man who fatally shot mother gets 50 years (The Virginian-Pilot - HamptonRoads.com/PilotOnline.com) (broken link)

Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM

260 posts, read 1,080,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobste View Post
ARTICLE: Beach man who fatally shot mother gets 50 years (The Virginian-Pilot - HamptonRoads.com/PilotOnline.com) (http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=93952&ran=137129 - broken link)

Om gosh,, that poor woman. That story makes my cry. I just can't believe someone can be that cruel and vicious.

I have to say I'm a believer in "an eye for an eye" and I think he should
experience the same thing he put his poor innocent mother thru.

May she rest in peace.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 AM

3,508 posts, read 11,897,828 times
Amen Darz...I have no quams about a sentence fitting the crime. I'm curious as to why there wasn't a death penalty attached.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,661 times
Paul and I were really close friends. My best friend and i were at Karens house a week prior to this visiting with her. When we heard what Paul did i was shocked. He was against a man hitting/hurting a woman. He threatened to beat my now ex boyfriends butt when he found out my ex was physically abusing me. I feel bad for his son. His son now has to grow up knowing his daddy killed his grandma...but somewhere deep down, i feel Paul didnt do it. I feel he took the blame to protect another family member. I am probably totally wrong. Maybe i just dont want to believe he could actually do something like this. Im still sad to this day. I miss Karen. and even though i now live in Cali, she will always be in my prayers. RIP Mama Karen.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 AM

5,560 posts, read 5,360,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNottage View Post
Does anyone remember a while back when Paul Capaccio (not sure if spelled right) murdered his mom? That was my cousin and my aunt. What was everyones opinion on this?

Frankly i'm glad the bastard is in prison. Bad thing is, his dad was sending him money and was there to back him in court.
This seems like the type of conversation that would work well on [domain blocked due to spam].

Has he served his time and paid his debt to society?

Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekah062205 View Post
Paul and I were really close friends. My best friend and i were at Karens house a week prior to this visiting with her. When we heard what Paul did i was shocked. He was against a man hitting/hurting a woman. He threatened to beat my now ex boyfriends butt when he found out my ex was physically abusing me. I feel bad for his son. His son now has to grow up knowing his daddy killed his grandma...but somewhere deep down, i feel Paul didnt do it. I feel he took the blame to protect another family member. I am probably totally wrong. Maybe i just dont want to believe he could actually do something like this. Im still sad to this day. I miss Karen. and even though i now live in Cali, she will always be in my prayers. RIP Mama Karen.
I lived next door the Cappacio's (my parents still do). Karen used to babysit me and my younger brother when we were kids. She was a very nice women. I just wanted to echo your option about him covering for someone else. It was pretty unbelievable to hear because I knew how much of a "momma's boy" Paul was and how much he always stood up for her. Also the reports say how he told his sister that Karen had gone to Florida. She was bedridden at the time, so if the story is true the way it was told, why wouldn't the sister be more inquisitive about why her sick mother just up and left for FL without saying goodbye first. Also her behavior at the memorial service (not speaking without her prepared speech) and wake (making out with her grief stricken girlfriend) was disturbing. I know people handle grief differently but it has ALWAYS been an eerie situation.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,387 times
I was thinking about my Aunt Karen and cousin Paul this morning. I went looking online and stumbled across this post. A lot of things about the situation have never sat well with me. Paul was definitely a hellion but I could never imagine him hurting his mom. I helped potty train him Then again, I can't imagine any of them hurting her, even though very spoiled. I never understood some of the things said and really don't understand why my Uncle Rocky will no longer have anything to do with Aunt Karen's side of the family. He never even accepted my facebook request. I've always missed him. I wrote to Paul in prison for a while and he never did really tell me what happened. I quit writing to him when I felt I was put in between him and Uncle Rocky. There are things I will always keep in my own head because I have no facts. Miss her always!

Old 08-04-2018, 02:42 PM

3 posts, read 723 times
Ok I just want to say what Paul did is inexcusable but reading everyone's stuff sounds like you all are guilty one said they where close well if you are close how come you didn't report anything after not seeing her for 4 days and another said she was bedridden well if that's true how come she was in front of the computer not in bed and personally I talked to her and she never once mentioned being that sick so maybe everyone of u should be examined cuz he might be covering for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or