Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:22 PM

8 posts, read 45,417 times

Advertisements

Hi! Are there any good vegetarian restaurants in the Norfolk/VB area? Thanks for your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 11:44 PM

12 posts, read 45,518 times
I can only speak for the area I live in, Ghent. The only 100% veggie place I know of is Quenna's Raw and Vegan, above a health/vitamin store on Colley Ave. Others that have vegetarian items on their menu are Rajput Indian restaurant next to the old GW grocery store on 21st st with an excellent buffet and many veggie items, Ten Top restaurant off of Colley Ave has veggie selections on the lunch menu The Ten Top, Bardo is a tapas place on 21st st and open late, Crackers Tapas at 4226 Granby st or Empire Little Bistro on Granby downtown (both owned by the same people), No Frills Grill off of Colley, and for excellent Thai food with many veggie selections try Rom Thai at Ward's Corner Rom Thai Home Page

Old 07-26-2008, 12:41 AM

80 posts, read 380,827 times
Bumping the thread for any vegetarians that are late to this topic(like me!)

-I have to add that Rajput does an all vegetarian(some vegan) buffet on the first Thursday of every month. It's pretty expensive though, but it's worth checking out.

-Machismo Burrito Bar has locations in Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Vegan sour cream/cheese can be found on the menu. Machismo Burrito Bar: Menu (http://www.machismoburritobar.com/menu/index.html - broken link)

-Check out Azar's, which has locations in Norfolk and VA Beach as well. There's a lot of veg-friendly stuff on the menu. Very tasty too. Azar's Natural Foods Mediterranean Specialties

-Kotobuki, a sushi restaurant on 21st St. in the Ghent area of Norfolk reportedly has some veg-friendly stuff on the menu, like soy chicken.

I need to be more informed of Norfolk vegetarian/vegan activities, because it seems like there is an annual buffet held at a random location. I attended one in 2004 at the old Coyote West bar on E. Plume St. in downtown. I'm pretty sure the Taphouse hosted it one year. If anyone seems to know the scoop on this, information would be much appreciated.

I also have to plug the mini cafe in the Heritage market on Laskin road(near the oceanfront). There's some veg-friendly stuff there.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:48 AM

100 posts, read 335,195 times
I have found most all resturants have a veg option (even the chains), been meat free since feb. and like they said, thai, indian, chinese japanese, heck even italian have meat free items. but not always vegan options. I thought it would be harder but not so much good luck and welcome to the area

Old 07-26-2008, 08:41 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
That Burrito Bar sounds good..we'll have to check it out. There is an awesome one just outside the main gate of Puget Sound Shipyard that I make a point to go to when I'm out there.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:58 PM

162 posts, read 801,467 times
My friend is veggie and, before she moved, often ate at Qdoba in the Hilltop area of VB. I think you can go veggie on many of their menu items there, since they make it right in front of you. I love Qdoba!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:21 AM

80 posts, read 380,827 times
all the nationwide burrito chains that are now here(moe's, qdoba, chipotle, pancheros) all offer veg-friendly items. i consider myself a moe's fan though if we're talking "mainstream burritos." haha

Old 07-28-2008, 05:14 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermarketFantasy View Post
all the nationwide burrito chains that are now here(moe's, qdoba, chipotle, pancheros) all offer veg-friendly items. i consider myself a moe's fan though if we're talking "mainstream burritos." haha
Muchismo's is very good. We stopped by there yesterday. The guacamoli is exceptional as well as the black beans, chicken and the special cheese sauce.
This place is strictly east coast with 2 other burrito stores in Philly and NY from what the young man told me.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 PM

3 posts, read 10,818 times
Reviving this post. I'm moving to the area in September. Any new vegan friendly restaurants to add to this list?

Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM

179 posts, read 489,400 times
The cutting edge in Chesapeake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area