Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2022, 04:38 AM

125 posts, read 121,662 times

Advertisements

The price of real estate for a single family home in the very few non-ghetto school districts is basically above 500k here now. What’s makes this place worth the price-tag? You have about 1/3 of the public schools in Chesapeake and Va Beach that aren’t a heaping pile of crap and the rest of the cities aren’t even a remote consideration. I’ve gone and toured these ****holes and please spare me the excuses. My most recent tour was at Crestwood middle school. I entered and saw a 300lb security guard asleep in a chair. Heard the n-word being used about 300 times on my way to office and it got worse from there. Oscar Smith and deep creek tours were even better. Went to Bayside area of VA Beach, turbo ****hole but they do give the kids laptops at least. Everytime I consider making an offer on a home, I tour the school and afterwards I am no longer making an offer on the home. It’s fn ridiculous. How can so much of this area have such ghetto schools? I blame the parents 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 05:36 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,098,480 times
The insanity of the real estate market for the past couple years has made prices what they are. Not just here, but pretty much everywhere in the country. You can choose to accept that or get angry.

Old 02-08-2022, 03:33 PM

913 posts, read 559,331 times
A basic rule of life is you are very luck if you get what you paid for.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:11 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,052 times
Hampton Roads is like a sweepstakes... many will enter, few will win.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:23 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Real Estate is overpriced everywhere in the United States! I would rent and wait for the housing market to crash or go down. I tell any friend not to buy a house right now. Rent, and wait a couple years for a reasonable deal. I'm in South Carolina and real estate is also out of control now, way overpriced!

Old 03-01-2022, 09:59 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
It's def over priced but if you're only seeing 500k houses you're not looking hard enough. Plenty of houses in good school districts that are under 300k. Might only be 1500 or so sq feet and 3 bed rooms 2 bathrooms and some age on it. But still out there.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:36 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDlife View Post
The price of real estate for a single family home in the very few non-ghetto school districts is basically above 500k here now. What’s makes this place worth the price-tag? You have about 1/3 of the public schools in Chesapeake and Va Beach that aren’t a heaping pile of crap and the rest of the cities aren’t even a remote consideration. I’ve gone and toured these ****holes and please spare me the excuses. My most recent tour was at Crestwood middle school. I entered and saw a 300lb security guard asleep in a chair. Heard the n-word being used about 300 times on my way to office and it got worse from there. Oscar Smith and deep creek tours were even better. Went to Bayside area of VA Beach, turbo ****hole but they do give the kids laptops at least. Everytime I consider making an offer on a home, I tour the school and afterwards I am no longer making an offer on the home. It’s fn ridiculous. How can so much of this area have such ghetto schools? I blame the parents 100%.
Nonsense. My home is in an excellent school district, and it is a nice, VERY well maintained home. Nothing ghetto or even remotely so. And far below 400k, for my home or ones like it. You are looking in the wrong places or either you simply are not looking and spouting off.

Old 03-10-2022, 07:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I wonder what the OP considers “ghetto schools.” Yes, I probably would not want to pick Hampton Roads in general for public schools with the choice of anywhere in the country. However, with time being spent in Kentucky and North Carolina, you can do a whole lot worse than HR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: