U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 05:43 AM

2 posts, read 6,029 times

Advertisements

I live in New England and will be looking to relocate to the Chesapeake area.

Could you tell me where is the best place to look for jobs. It seems the
internet has a zillion places but not sure if they are real jobs or not.

Is there a local newspaper that has job listings for that area? Where would locals seek out of job!

Thanks in advance!
Moxie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 AM

325 posts, read 1,006,870 times
Hi Moxie! My husband and I are in the process of relocating to Va Beach and some of the places we look for jobs are on the local newspaper
Pilot Online and someone from this forum recommended to us 757jobs
and careerconnection.com

Good luck to you!

Old 05-29-2008, 05:25 PM

16 posts, read 47,895 times
Hi Moxie! Welcome to the area. I use 757JobsNow.com for all our job openings and have had great success from them. The other local site I have used occasionally is careerconnection.com.

Chesapeake has a lot of great companies headquartered there, so finding a job shouldn't be hard Good luck!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 6,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrguru View Post
Hi Moxie! Welcome to the area. I use 757JobsNow.com for all our job openings and have had great success from them. The other local site I have used occasionally is careerconnection.com.

Chesapeake has a lot of great companies headquartered there, so finding a job shouldn't be hard Good luck!

Thank you soooo much...we will be in the area in July to scout out our options.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:05 PM

173 posts, read 580,717 times
Also, once you figure out what companies you want to target, use linkedin to network with folks there....that's how most jobs are landed (networking).

Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 PM

5 posts, read 22,362 times
You can also go to Indeed.com. They gather feeds from all of the different major job boards (Monster, Careerbuilder and several others). You can search by job title and zip code or city and state. Also, you can go and register at the Virginia Workforce Connection ([URL]https://www.vawc.virginia.gov/[/URL]) as a Jobseeker and view employment listings from all kinds of employers in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area