U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:17 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,151,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
464 coming from Chesapeake as well!
Very true. I guess it's all interchanges in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 AM

43 posts, read 93,224 times
RANT ON...One that kills me is when folks don't want to wait in a turning lane like everybody else, so they drive in a traveling lane until they either 1) block all traffic in that lane by sitting w/their turn signal on until they guilt somebody into FINALLY letting them into the turning lane, or 2) they see a brief hesitation by a driver and cut in front of them to get into the turning lane. It annoys me when folks thing that the rules don't apply to them... RANT OFF...

Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM

7,755 posts, read 16,457,602 times
Kuharai wrote:
11. Trying to merge with traffic going 60mph+ while you're at 40mph is a BAD IDEA! Try to make sure that you're going the same speed as the flow of traffic. Your accelerator is there for a reason.
Agreed! Surprising how many drivers are completely oblivious of this fact.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 PM

3,508 posts, read 11,904,302 times
and the blinkers...they are INCLUDED when you purchase your vehicle!

Old 06-20-2008, 01:16 PM

7,755 posts, read 16,457,602 times
Erma wrote:
and the blinkers...they are INCLUDED when you purchase your vehicle!
Apparently some drivers are not aware that their vehichle is equipped with turn signals.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:04 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,151,232 times
#24 - The Emergency Hazards are made to be used when there is a problem with your vehicle. This is to let other drivers know to get away from you as you pull out of traffic and off to the shoulder. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE WITH THESE GOING. If there is a problem with your vehicle, PULL OVER!

Old 06-21-2008, 04:16 AM

6 posts, read 12,595 times
25. When you come to an interchange/off ramp, don't cut over a solid/double white line, waaaay early, to get into the next lane/off-ramp sooner, then cut off the guy who was already in front of you who has to get over too <who had blinker on telling you he was getting over>.

26. DO NOT tailgate a motorcyclist... I know tailgating is bad enough, but c'mon... motorcyclists are high-risk enough not to mention you making it worse (and no, I don't ride a motorcycle).

Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 AM

3,508 posts, read 11,904,302 times
27. If you need to be someplace in a hurry, leave earlier! Most of us aren't in the mood for someone riding on our bumper when we're already 5 miles over the speed limit!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 AM

1,673 posts, read 5,529,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondback13 View Post
RANT ON...One that kills me is when folks don't want to wait in a turning lane like everybody else, so they drive in a traveling lane until they either 1) block all traffic in that lane by sitting w/their turn signal on until they guilt somebody into FINALLY letting them into the turning lane, or 2) they see a brief hesitation by a driver and cut in front of them to get into the turning lane. It annoys me when folks thing that the rules don't apply to them... RANT OFF...
Don't even get me started here! I travel up Lynnhaven every day turning left onto International. People will cut you off and some almost hit you because they don't want to wait. Ughhhhh!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:59 AM

17 posts, read 41,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Do ya ever wonder WHY they slow down just as they're leaving the end of the tunnel? OMG that is so irritating!
This drives me insane. I've never understood it- if the speed limit is 55 through the tunnel, why on EARTH would people slow down exiting it? It's 55 for a reason! It took me almost an hour on Saturday afternoon to get from Hampton to Norfolk and there were NO accidents. The bridges both ways were jammed and I'll guarantee it was those slowpokes who just mosey up on out - I want to scream at them: "GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area