U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 10:51 AM

65 posts, read 178,851 times

Advertisements

I just spoke to the lady and may be headed to look at this house today. I'm from Michigan and she said it wasn't far from Downtown Virginia Beach. I had read to stay away from Green Run wherever that is. I find that if I step away from my hotel I'm lost period. Here in Michigan anything that is close to a downtown is likley a bad area , is that true in Virginia. I have children so I get that there is criome everywhere but there is worse area everywhere as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 11:33 AM

3,508 posts, read 11,907,465 times
Lord NO! Downtown Virginia Beach is not like Downtown Detroit! I have cousins in Detroit who took me downtown when I was visiting and that place is worse than High St. in Portsmouth!

Downtown Virginia Beach has many areas. Pembroke/Town Center is very new and has a performing arts center, expensive high rises and very nice restaurants. When you find out what area this house is near, let us know, we'll give you the skibby on that neighborhood.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 PM

328 posts, read 1,403,833 times
Yes, Downtown VA Beach can be nice. Especially if it is near "Town Center." Agreed. Keep us posted and good luck

Old 06-25-2008, 08:51 AM

17 posts, read 76,885 times
Green Run School Distrcit area is not the best, but it has few good parts. We lived over by 264 and rosemont and it was ok. Princess Anne School district is better and it is closer to "Town Center", First Colonial School District area is nice too. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:35 PM

4 posts, read 6,415 times
Default Avoiding jet noise in VA Beach

I'm from No. Va. and am looking to relocate to VA Beach but am afraid of the jet noise and jet fuel smell. We also have a family and are looking for good schools. Any areas with less noise and good schools?

Is the naval base going to close down soon?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 AM

3,508 posts, read 11,907,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbennnn View Post
I'm from No. Va. and am looking to relocate to VA Beach but am afraid of the jet noise and jet fuel smell. We also have a family and are looking for good schools. Any areas with less noise and good schools?

Is the naval base going to close down soon?
No, the base is not closing down! That is about 8 mil a year in revenue to our businesses.
There is no jet fuel smell, it's not like diesel fuel. The Princess Anne school district and cox school districts are very good.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:33 AM

124 posts, read 317,502 times
Default Condos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Lord NO! Downtown Virginia Beach is not like Downtown Detroit! I have cousins in Detroit who took me downtown when I was visiting and that place is worse than High St. in Portsmouth!

Downtown Virginia Beach has many areas. Pembroke/Town Center is very new and has a performing arts center, expensive high rises and very nice restaurants. When you find out what area this house is near, let us know, we'll give you the skibby on that neighborhood.
Hi Erma
You are right about Detroit I am from Mi and people said the same to me when I lived in NY they felt safer in NY.I really feel safe in "the Beach" all Green Run is not crimeridden. I live in Bayside nr Haygood closer to Shore Dr. and wonder if you hear of anyone looking for a great condo/townhouse could you let me know I have to relocate to CLT. If you can DM me I can give you details. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or