Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 06:04 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,028 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!
10 years ago, I went on a family vacation and we stayed at Howard Johnson on Atlantic & 18th.....is this area still decent like it was 10 years ago?
Ill be traveling there next month for a vacation with my boyfriend and his 7 year old and was wondering if its still as great as it was when I was 17.
We are looking to keep the room rate under the $200 mark - and are looking to stay 3-4 days.
Any suggestions?
We would like to stay on Atlantic (preferably oceanside if we can get it) near intersecting streets that a 7 year old will enjoy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 PM

486 posts, read 1,948,007 times
Personally, I don't think the HoJo is what it used to be. There are a lot of new and refurbished hotels you might want to check out. Try posting on the VA Beach forum on tripadvisor.com for some tips.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:56 AM

328 posts, read 1,539,625 times
Sunshine Inn & Suites? I remember two employees who helped me with my stay. One was Ray and the other was Kathy. Kathy was really nice.
I stayed there a couple times during the off-season this past spring it was not bad at all.
Paid like $60 a night for a basic room, rooms I had were surprisingly in good condition. Didn't smell like cancer sticks, mold, vomit, urine, poop, etc. Blinds/Curtains were intact. Walls were in good condition having been recently painted, carpet OK. Free Wireless Internet too. But Who knows now. All those youngin's have a tendency to trash hotel rooms (with a few exceptions). And I am sure its more than $60 now too of course.

Welcome to Sunshine Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach

Old 06-30-2008, 06:01 AM

273 posts, read 1,482,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrrl77 View Post
Hi Everyone!
10 years ago, I went on a family vacation and we stayed at Howard Johnson on Atlantic & 18th.....is this area still decent like it was 10 years ago?
Ill be traveling there next month for a vacation with my boyfriend and his 7 year old and was wondering if its still as great as it was when I was 17.
We are looking to keep the room rate under the $200 mark - and are looking to stay 3-4 days.
Any suggestions?
We would like to stay on Atlantic (preferably oceanside if we can get it) near intersecting streets that a 7 year old will enjoy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Check the Holiday inn Sunspree Resort...its ocean side and has some neat things geared towards kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area