U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM

411 posts, read 1,145,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobie View Post
Could you'll suggest a place to go near Chesapeake? I'm close to the Greenbrier mall, and I have no ideal where to go. Back home, I'd just hit a Starbucks. This place has more culture about it, so I'd like to go somewhere that isn't owned by MegaCorp(TM) and Fratalians. (Is it' French? Or is it Italian? WHO KNOWS! That's the surprise. )
There is a Starbucks near Greenbrier Mall. Actually across the street in the shopping strip, near the Oreck store. I love Dunkin Donuts coffee. Addictive to be sure. In Olde Town Portsmouth, I split my business between The Daily Grind and the Kiosk at the foot of high street. They were building a new Starbucks on Effingham near the Naval Hospital. Not sure if it is one of the stores that will be closed before it even opens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 03:03 PM

23 posts, read 76,413 times
For my morning joe, I walk up to Daily Grind in Olde Towne (Portsmouth). Nice folk behind the counter, a newspaper, and good coffee (Morning Buzz). Before reading the other entries, I hadn't realized that it was a chain. As for the S'bux -- the building is done but I don't think the doors have opened yet.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 PM

209 posts, read 681,633 times
When I lived in Northern WV, there was this coffee house/bakery that opened at 7 in the morning. That place was great. They even started making biscuits sandwiches. I need a place like that again.

I'll check out Daily Grind down at the town center sometime. I'm close to there most the day anyway. I'm a bit of a recluse, so I'll have to get over going places alone first. lol Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:14 AM

32 posts, read 80,211 times
Hey guys....I currently live on Long Island, NY and am moving to Virginia Beach in September (I accepted a job transfer)..Anyhoo, I love 7-11 coffee in the mornings, but was blown away when my wife and I were down in VB a few weeks ago house hunting. 7-11s in VB do not provide milk for your coffee??? I hate those little half and half cup thingys!!! Ah well...I guess one of those things Ill have to get used to.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 10,924 times
If you are a real coffee lover you have to try Habana Cafe on Shore Dr, they are open from 5:30am to 3:30pm, 7943 Shore Dr, is a cozy little place and have the best coffe.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:16 PM

8 posts, read 27,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee73 View Post
Hey guys....I currently live on Long Island, NY and am moving to Virginia Beach in September (I accepted a job transfer)..Anyhoo, I love 7-11 coffee in the mornings, but was blown away when my wife and I were down in VB a few weeks ago house hunting. 7-11s in VB do not provide milk for your coffee??? I hate those little half and half cup thingys!!! Ah well...I guess one of those things Ill have to get used to.
7-11 has the stupid "cup thingies", but WaWa has several options for creaming your joe.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:17 PM

8 posts, read 27,360 times
I love love love SHEETZ, but we don't have any in HR... just Richmond. The coffee is great, I love the touch screen ordering and all the options, and the coffee I get there is half the price of the same coffee I get at SB.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 PM

10 posts, read 80,766 times
Default Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobie View Post
When I lived in Northern WV, there was this coffee house/bakery that opened at 7 in the morning. That place was great. They even started making biscuits sandwiches. I need a place like that again.

I'll check out Daily Grind down at the town center sometime. I'm close to there most the day anyway. I'm a bit of a recluse, so I'll have to get over going places alone first. lol Thanks for the suggestions!

Shoobie,
There's a place in the Chesapeake Town Center called "Bean There Cafe". I understand it's got a decent cup of coffee and light menu. I personally don't drink the stuff, so I can't speak from experience, but it's really close to you.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:19 PM

3,508 posts, read 11,916,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjosie View Post
7-11 has the stupid "cup thingies", but WaWa has several options for creaming your joe.
Yea they do, but have different flavors of stuff to fix your coffee. I normally buy the bagged 7-11 and have been making my morning coffee at home. I still like Marketplace BP colonial blend, but only get it when I stop for gas.
I don't use cream in my coffee, for some reason it's just too filling and gave it up years ago.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 PM

80 posts, read 344,881 times
Ooooh, someone mentioned SHEETZ. I would go insane if they brought that chain here. Who knew that fries from a gas station could actually taste good?!? I don't think the coffee is that great for "glorified gas station coffee." WAWA has them beat on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area