U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:35 PM

80 posts, read 344,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicomarie View Post
Thanks, I checked that out...I was hoping for a coffee house, someplace to buy a fresh cup and enjoy the scenery.
as far as I know, I don't think any shop carries Peets. i'd like to try this stuff though. i do know that Eliot's Fairgrounds in the Ghent area of Norfolk uses Larry's Beans, which is great! I used to work at a coffee shop that used those beans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM

1,653 posts, read 5,006,071 times
I tried to go to the Daily Grind in Town Center last night, but it was closed. They close at 7 on Monday and Tuesday. I was really bummed about that because I heard good things, and I found it to be a litttle weird for a coffee shop to close that early. Maybe I'm the only one who wants coffee at night...

Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 PM

1,673 posts, read 5,525,089 times
I like Daily Grind or at least the ambience. I'm not a big coffee drinker but like it ok. The free wireless is kind of nice too. I think once all the retail goes in around Daily Grind their hours will pick up.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:19 PM

1,653 posts, read 5,006,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
I like Daily Grind or at least the ambience. I'm not a big coffee drinker but like it ok. The free wireless is kind of nice too. I think once all the retail goes in around Daily Grind their hours will pick up.
Yeah, maybe. I might try to get there earlier tonight and check it out. I didn't know they had free wireless, so maybe I'll bring the ol' laptop with me.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 PM

8 posts, read 12,987 times
Good to know there is a Daily Grind nearby. I just tried it yesterday (in Florida) and it wasn't bad at all. I still like Peet's the best but I would be quite happy going to the Daily Grind when I come up for my visit next month. The one in Florida deoes not close early and on Friday nights they have live music in the evening.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 PM

162 posts, read 562,175 times
The $4 cup of coffee has FINALLY been replaced for me! I no longer visit Starbucks. Now it's strictly...Waa Waa. I don't even know if I spelled that right. I'd much rather pay under $2 for the same thing! And it tastes great EVERY time! Unlike Starbucks.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 PM

80 posts, read 344,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
I tried to go to the Daily Grind in Town Center last night, but it was closed. They close at 7 on Monday and Tuesday. I was really bummed about that because I heard good things, and I found it to be a litttle weird for a coffee shop to close that early. Maybe I'm the only one who wants coffee at night...
Oh you aren't the only one that feels that way, haha.
While I'm not the biggest fan of Starbucks, I find it absurd that some of the Virginia Beach ones close as early as 8:30pm on weeknights(The one on Dam Neck near the Ampitheater). Other coffee shops that aren't "mainstream" tend to close by either 6pm or 8pm. I have a class where I get out at 9pm and sometimes I'd like a cup that isn't from a gas station every now and then. Even the Dunkin' Donuts on Virginia Beach Blvd. changed their hours. I usually end up driving to the Greenbrier Barnes and Noble to visit their cafe since it stays open until 11pm.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,734 times
Default Java Junkies Coffee

I'M BACK... I moved to downtown Hampton, 768 Settlers Landing Rd. Please come see me, I miss all my old customers!!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:04 PM

3,508 posts, read 11,897,828 times
I picked up a nice puerto rican blend called "kona" while in Hawaii

Old 04-05-2009, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,684 times
Thumbs up Java Junkies is back in HAMPTON !

Check it out on Facebook !

[url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hampton-VA/Java-Junkies-Hampton-Va/66455844196#/pages/Hampton-VA/Java-Junkies-Hampton-Va/66455844196[/url]

Attached Thumbnails
Coffee in Hampton Roads, where do you go?-picture-3.png   Coffee in Hampton Roads, where do you go?-img_4849.jpg  

Last edited by danger450; 04-05-2009 at 08:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area