U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:23 PM

209 posts, read 681,118 times

Advertisements

There... Now you know the truth. I live in the HRBT. I siphon my internet from the webcams at the entrance of the west-bound side. lol

I missed the 4th here to go home and be bored to death back in the country. I should of stayed here and partied with you guys. D:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 05:29 AM

3,508 posts, read 11,907,465 times
That's my issue of going "back home"....boredom!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:55 PM

80 posts, read 344,655 times
I don't really find a Confederate flag being waved out of a vehicle to be friendly at all. I hope I'm not alone on this.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermarketFantasy View Post
I don't really find a Confederate flag being waved out of a vehicle to be friendly at all. I hope I'm not alone on this.
Why? There's rebel flags, rainbow flags, VT Flags...it's just people expressing themselves. It's part of history in my opinion. Shoot, wait til football season!

Old 07-26-2008, 02:37 PM

80 posts, read 344,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Why? There's rebel flags, rainbow flags, VT Flags...it's just people expressing themselves. It's part of history in my opinion. Shoot, wait til football season!
There's nothing wrong with people trying to express themselves, it's our shared freedom to do that sort of thing, but we also have the right not to support it. I could walk around downtown VA Beach wearing a shirt with profane words/artwork, and I'd be expressing the right to wear whatever I want, but I'd be well aware that people would find it offensive. Would I care? Not really, and I suppose that guy in traffic the other day waving the flag was getting a good kick out of it. Whatever, more power to him for being able to express himself freely. I just don't care for the Confederate flag, because I've never felt "Southern" at all.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermarketFantasy View Post
There's nothing wrong with people trying to express themselves, it's our shared freedom to do that sort of thing, but we also have the right not to support it. I could walk around downtown VA Beach wearing a shirt with profane words/artwork, and I'd be expressing the right to wear whatever I want, but I'd be well aware that people would find it offensive. Would I care? Not really, and I suppose that guy in traffic the other day waving the flag was getting a good kick out of it. Whatever, more power to him for being able to express himself freely. I just don't care for the Confederate flag, because I've never felt "Southern" at all.
I'm not southern by heritage, but I do realize that the people that were born and raised here are and when I travel deeper into the south, I respect those views. I was severely disappointed when Dolly Parton could not open her venue (which would have created over a hundred jobs) because people didn't like the confederate agenda. I've been to her place in Myrtle Beach and enjoyed the show. You have to remember that there are people proud of where they came from. Whether they have the Puerto Rican or African or Japanese or US Flag hanging from their rear view mirror. We've come along way in this country to let people express themselves.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:49 PM

209 posts, read 681,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Shoot, if I didn't have a sunroof I would have the rebel flag painted on the top of my charger. YEEEEHAAAAW!!!

BTW, WVU! WVU WVU! WVU!

Don't be so easily offended, man. Has this country become so PC that we shat ourselves when we see something that does not fit the elitist agenda? I have flown the rebel flag and it's not because I'm racist nor am I uneducated. I have because I consider myself a bit of a rebel. I don't conform to the PC state of America today, a state that I believe is degrading us into a bunch of wimps that don't want to take action because some prude in New York will get her puss in a pucker; I don't agree with our current regime and I think a lot of what goes on in society is a load of *******s. I'm gonna get off my soap box before I make a fool of myself so, please, just chill out.

I think we all need to go out sometime and loosen up. Who's up for some beers this weekend? Just name the place and time.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! A word that sounds similar to Bull Locks is censored?! By jov, I do believe they have caught on to our plan. *stuffy cough* JEEVES! Being me my warm brandy and scones. I must ponder a way to counter this atrocity. Oh, bloody 'ell.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,471 times
It's a city thing, Gloucester is very friendly!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:05 PM

631 posts, read 1,667,718 times
I just got back from vacationing in this area and have to say most everyone I encountered was very nice. We ate at a Cracker Barrell outside of Colonial Williamsburg one night and had the absolute best server that I have ever had at a restaurant. She was so nice and gave us lots of tips on the area. Really improved our stay. Some of the shop workers on Virginia Beach were a little aloof but most were nice. I can't speak as a local but from a tourist point of view I had a great time there.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,074 times
Default it's true

We do and are having a hard time socially. It is awkward if we are past 45. Happy and friendly, with a great deal to offer but the reception for us is almost non existent.
Flora
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area