Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 09:31 AM

16 posts, read 90,593 times

Advertisements

I live in the north, a true Yankee! Since concidering moving to the VaBeach area, I was wondering if it is overly religious. We don't like that over the top religious stuff like you hear about in the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,125,620 times
I've not seen anything major or rampant with the religions here in Hampton Roads. For the most part, it seems that everybody gets along. Over the weekend, there was a giant Jehovah's Witness Convention (they come every year) and there was no anti-demonstration outside, no crime, nothing.

We're pretty laid back here.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 AM

209 posts, read 768,565 times
It isn't bad here one way or another. I have lived in places where everyone has turned there nose up on me because, ya know, I have a make-believe friend in the sky. I've also been in places where if you didn't believe in God, you were some kind of sadistic freak. But here, I have to say this is a nice mix. People are open-minded, I haven't ran into the two groups I referred to above, and if you happen to want to give church a try there are tons of nice, small churchs. First time I was out, I was suprised at how many non-English churchs there are here. Just keep your mind open, be gental to those of us you don't agree with, and you'll be cool. And in return I'll do the same for you.

Off topic: I'm soooooo temped to ran here about my recent experiances with Athiest trying to "enlighten" me. Someone point me to a topic about omgponys or manga so I dont' make a fool of myself...

Old 07-21-2008, 05:20 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,409,298 times
We're on the cusp of the bible belt. Many religions, but not any more jesus freaks than any other area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area