Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:45 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,428,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I just found out something absolutely atrocious. New Busch Gardens section?!

Yeah, I puked a little in my mouth when I read the Paper...
Oh lord! More strollers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 01:12 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,071,175 times
Wow, the best thing about the area is Busch Gardens for kids and families. I hope that a world class group such as Disney or Universal takes hold of it and expands it. It is one of the best parks we have ever been too, and since we are roller coaster nuts, we have been to over 20 parks in the US and Canada. Busch Gardens was run like a Disney organization, but was even more family friendly with things for DAD, MOM, and the KIDS and Teens. I do hope that people are open to the new and exciting ideas for the park, I have been to Sesame place and for the little ones who are largely left out the major rides, it should be a great addition.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,050,546 times
I just hope they monitor that area for the younger kids better than they do now!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:54 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,887,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentode View Post
We are REALLY upset about this InBev deal. I made a wordpress website with a petition, a survey and a guestbook. I am trying to include all the data on the subject that I can find. I just made it so, there may be some grammer errors and such.

I grew up with Busch Gardens since I was a teen. All five of my kids and me go there a few times a month. We are really worried. Looks like Six Flags is going to buy it! Ever been to Six Flags Georgia, it bites.

Busch Gardens has been a huge contributor to the envoirnment and our community. So, what about the animals, the season pass holders and not to mention the FREE BEER! Bye, Bye to the hospitality houses?
There's no way Six Flags will purchase them,they're a debt ridden company more likely to sell off some of their current parks than buy the Busch parks.I have no idea who will buy the parks,there's been all sorts of rumors about the Busch family keeping them along with some investors,Nakheel who's the money behind the parks being built in Dubai possibly getting involved in the purchase as well as Blackstone who's 50% owner of Universal.So the bottom line most people have no clue what will happen.As far as Disney, a website had the other day that they may be interested in Sea World and Discovery Cove,I'm totally open to that as long as they leave the parks as they are,meaning they won't touch the major rollercoasters.Even though the Busch Gardens parks weren't mentioned I could picture Disney doing something with the Williamsburg park,it's in a beautiful location and as long as they keep it how it is.again leave the coasters alone, they could totally Disneyfy it.I don't know if there would be space for another park in Virginia but it would be totally cool if they had the current European park and then build a Disney's America park as there had been rumors about it before.Where does that leave the other parks Sea World in Texas and San Diego I don't know but Busch Gardens in Tampa has no chance of Disney buying it,it's a really nice park inside but the location outside the parks is totally ugly and un-Disneylike.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,662,927 times
I went there, and perfect as it is, so why sell? I had a great 2 days

Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,146,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
again leave the coasters alone, they could totally Disneyfy it.
Please No. I do not want Busch Gardens to become anything over what it is now. I know I can't speak for all people, but I love the feel of Busch Gardens as it is. The different "countries" of the parks have their own entertainment and food particular to that country.

The old French Outpost style of New France, the vibe and colors of Oktoberfest, the live performances over in Italy, seeing Emerald Beat over in Ireland...

I've bought a season pass every year ever since I had a job ((5 years now)). If the park were to change, I might save that money to spend elsewhere.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:31 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,071,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
Where does that leave the other parks Sea World in Texas and San Diego I don't know but Busch Gardens in Tampa has no chance of Disney buying it,it's a really nice park inside but the location outside the parks is totally ugly and un-Disneylike.
Have you ever been to Anaheim? You go from yuck to Disney. Perfectly acceptable.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,887,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Have you ever been to Anaheim? You go from yuck to Disney. Perfectly acceptable.
Haven't been to Disneyland but I've heard it's better than what's outside the Tampa Busch Gardens,I doubt Disney would want a park with ugly pawn shops and liquor stores right by the park.Believe me I want the best for the park,it's the park that got me into rollercoasters and theme parks but unless Disney buys the entire neighborhood and redevelops it there's no way they'd be interested in it.As far as the Williamsburg park,I love that park as it is, what I meant by Disneyfy it I mean adding certain things that would make the park known as a Disney park,but basically leave the park as it is.It's one of my favorite parks that I've ever visited and I would be against any major changes.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,050,546 times
OMG! What is with the BG in Tampa??? We went this past May and I was disgusted with the outside area that surrounds the park! It was unbelievable! We accidentally passed the parking lot so we had to literally circle the outside of the park and I was in shock and awe!!! I could not believe the drastic difference between Tamp and Williamsburg! It was crazy!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 AM

13 posts, read 96,013 times
Wow!

I would LOVE it if Disney bought and CHANGED Busch Gardens & Water Country. To me, both parks are lame. BG only has 5 roller coasters! They have maybe 5 other rides worth riding & then there is nothing there for thrill seekers. They haven't been putting the "videos" on in the queues, which told the story (theme) of the roller coasters & I haven't seen a street performance in 2 summers. The 9:00 show in France sucks & uses crummy singers & actors who frequently make mistakes.
As far as the food goes, have you noticed that you can get just about the same things (pizza, fries, burgers) ALL OVER? The Fest Haus food is overpriced, dried out, and stale. The food in Italy is gross & I'm Italian! I would TOTALLY love it if someone, anyone came in & made over BG. They probably wouldn't touch the big 5 (w/the exceptions of Big Bad Wolf & Loch Ness) so we'd still have some local roller coasters. There is SO much land there not being used. Have you seen the land "Black Forest" where they do Hall-O-Scream? That is empty all summer! No campgrounds, no expansion! How about where the petting zoo used to be, right near the entrance (to the left of the train tracks near Pompeii)--nothing there now. The gardens are pretty & all, but personally I'm allergic to flowers & I see people yelling & screaming about the bees all the time! The cotton candy booth was COVERED in yellow jackets to the point that they actually had several Yellow Jacket traps up! (in Italy) I think the idea behind the counties & Europe & all was great, but its OLD. A major renovation would be AWESOME for Busch Gardens! I LOVE all things Disney (even Hannah Montana!) and am a DisneyWorld addict. It would be SO amazing to be able to be passholders to a Disney park. (I've tried & tried to convince DH to relocate to Orlando...)
Anyway, if any AB or Disney folks read this thread, I've made my opinion known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area