Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 PM

111 posts, read 364,323 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any experience with Norfolk Christian, particularly high school level? We are thinking about sending our kids, and I was impressed with the administrators and teacher I met there, as well as the new buidling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:59 PM

209 posts, read 771,430 times
Be careful where you send your kids. I went to Christian school when I was younger and, let me tell you, it really messed me up when it comes to church. I know not all schools are the same, but still be careful.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,172 times
I went to Altantic Shores Christian School since the 5th grade, all the way to graduation.

The administrator and teachers are my greatest incluences. I'm 23 now and I still look back on all the good ethics and morals they instilled in me.

I didn't want to go when my parents sent me there, but what kid does! Now that I'm older, that was the single best decision my parents made for me! I wouldn't be the great man of God I am today without that school.

At least check them out.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:42 AM

111 posts, read 364,323 times
Default What about academically?

Thank you for your responses. I am wondering if anybody can speak as to the academic quality at Norfolk Christian.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,746 times
Default handicap wheelchair lifts

A handicap wheelchair raise is an superb accessibility equipment for persons with disabilities for accessing several amounts of their houses or other properties. This elevate can give them increased mobility, creating certain all round independence and flexibility.

Perfect now, there are mainly two varieties of [url=http://efraincasey819711.webs.com/]Handicap Wheelchair Lifts[/url]

– hydraulic wheel chair lifts and electric wheel chair lifts. The hydraulic elevate model makes use of hydraulic fluid for smooth and secure motion. These lifts operate even via a electric power outage. In contrast to hydraulic wheel chair stair lifts, electrical wheelchair lifts are inexpensive and quite quick to take care of. These lifts can even perform in the course of energy outages with an emergency battery decreasing technique. Added functions these kinds of as phone jacks and automated handicap door openers can also be custom made fitted as per users’ demands.

A wheelchair raise, also nicely-recognized by many names this sort of as a wheelchair stair lift or a wheelchair platform elevate are equivalent merchandise and solutions, but come with varied capabilities. A vertical platform lift is a price beneficial alternative to an elevator. This lift is further visually desirable, adaptable in design and style and overall efficiency. The key should-have functions of a vertical platform elevate are ease of rolling up and down, an anti-slip platform for maximum security, and safety railings.

Wheelchair platform lifts have proved to be helpful when there is no scope of which includes a ramp to an present constructing. Handicap wheel chair lifts are a superb allow to raise physically disabled folks from a raised degree to a bring down level and vice versa. Inclined platform lifts are [url=http://efraincasey819.insanejournal.com/]Handicap Wheelchair Lifts[/url] ultimate for shifting up stairways. These can be mounted straight to an present wall or tower-mounted to the staircase.

Portable wheel chair lifts are good where by lifts aren’t crucial all the time and could possibly will need to be put into use for many locations. These can present instant and incredibly affordable accessibility. These lifts can be set up in a matter of minutes. They can be very easily folded up and stored when not in use and no installation is necessary.

The serious businesses of wheel chair stair lifts in the American sector are ThyssenKrupp Accessibility, Savaria Concord, Adaptive Engineering and Garaventa. These suppliers trade Handicap Wheelchair Lifts (http://efraincasey819.shareblog.net/The-first-blog-b1/Handicap-Wheelchair-Lifts-b1-p2.htm - broken link) under absolutely distinct names. Their lifts are accessible in practically all dimensions to match all body sorts, shades, finishes and excess weight capacities. The cost tags of these wheelchair platform lifts vary in accordance to their structure and attributes.

If you want a vertical elevate for your loved ones residence or office atmosphere, then determine wisely in accordance to your precise expectations. Make positive that the equipment you purchase meets ADA compliance and possesses all the functions that you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area